PDA

View Full Version : job....

hockey97
January 2nd, 2008, 08:20 PM
HI I want to know I got certified by expertrating and plan on more php nad c++ .

I mainly want to know if these are legit certificates? I check the ISO org and they do have them on their list.

but I been looking for local jobs in Michigan and I can't find any currently I got a certificate html and also computer tech. I had a highschool class cpc in eletronics the help to prepear me for the A+ certification but didn't take it becuse it cost couple 100 bucks for it and found expertraiting. I heard alot about it good things so that's why I went with them.

do any of you have had any experience with expertrating?

and is it possible to get a job with their certificates?

pjkoczan
January 2nd, 2008, 08:53 PM
Certification can't hurt (it pads out a resume nicely). How much it matters depends on the type of job you're going for. They're very useful for system administrators and some entry-level programming jobs. For the really glamorous programming and tech jobs (like video games, driver/hardware development, etc.), a good portfolio of examples and experience is better than certification. Certification is usually icing on the cake, and one cannot make a cake from icing alone.

Anyway, good luck with the job search.

hockey97
January 2nd, 2008, 09:05 PM
right now I mainly just looking for computer repair.

I got a computer technician certificate.

I mainly don't want to going to coding as a profession.

but currently I am in college so far first year my second sem starts on jan 10th.

So do you think I still should go for php and c++ I mostly am good in c++ but in php I am getting a hand of it. it's easy to me depends on what project.
I have to do with php.

garret
January 2nd, 2008, 10:53 PM
I'd say PHP is starting to loose a bit a ground to Ruby on Rails, I'd put that on the list for sure. And since we are here in Ubuntu land . . . we better not forget Python. :-)

Garret Acott
http://restore-backup.com
The only backup solution you'll ever need.

hockey97
January 3rd, 2008, 12:01 AM
ya I might get python certified.

later after c++

so php lost ground?
I still like the language feels easy to me??
but as of right now I am trying to get a local job computer technician.
if their is a job for board fourm moderation or monitoring a database or such I would like to do that.
I really need to start making some money.