PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] What's with the "Thanks"

irv
December 31st, 2007, 09:17 PM
What's with the "help" in the user "header"? How is it that some users have numbers of thanks and others don't? Did I miss something?
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks
Irv

Steveway
December 31st, 2007, 09:18 PM
There is a little medal besides the Quote-button.
You can thank someone with that if he helped you with that post.

~LoKe
December 31st, 2007, 09:20 PM
There have been several thread about this.

You can "thank" a person in a thread using the medal icon in the lower right corner. With this, it should be possible to list all threads that a user was thanked for, allowing for a better rating and indexing system for future support. If I'm looking for help with flash plugin, I would be able to search for flash, and find only posts that were thanked, telling me there was a "solution" posted.

irv
December 31st, 2007, 09:21 PM
There is a little medal besides the Quote-button.
You can thank someone with that if he helped you with that post.
Great, I just thanked you.

~LoKe
December 31st, 2007, 09:23 PM
Great, I just thanked you.

The Thanks: 1 on the right side displays to other how many times you've thanked someone (this part I don't really understand the purpose).

LaRoza
December 31st, 2007, 10:34 PM
Perhaps there should have been an announcement to keep the multitude of threads about it to a minimum.

-grubby
December 31st, 2007, 10:35 PM
Perhaps there should have been an announcement to keep the multitude of threads about it to a minimum.

good idea. I've seen about 5 threads so far

LaRoza
December 31st, 2007, 10:36 PM
good idea. I've seen about 5 threads so far

The more the merrier.

kellemes
December 31st, 2007, 11:00 PM
Sometimes I'd like to thank myself.
Not getting a lot thanks these days. :(

RudolfMDLT
December 31st, 2007, 11:16 PM
If I'm looking for help with flash plugin, I would be able to search for flash, and find only posts that were thanked, telling me there was a "solution" posted.

Thats what the [SOLVED] tag is for. I've had people say "thanks" for help that I provided but not click the medal thing. Solved should be moved from the Thread Tools menu right next to the post reply button, that way, you should be able to get better feedback from what was solved and what not.