PDA

View Full Version : writers and Aritists needed for new site.

rockinlinux
December 31st, 2007, 11:05 AM
Hello,

Me and a couple other guys from Ubuntu forums got together and are making a new linux site. This site is not pointed at any specific distro. Our site will include a WIki, forum, customizable profiles, how-to section, and wallpaper/themes downloads....and more.

We are in need of people who would like to be the first people to contribute content to this site. We want your how-to's and your art work so we can share it with the linux community. Full credit will be given for your work.

I am also looking for someone who could have a weekly column on the site. The column could cover anything to do with linux but i would rather keep it pointed in the direction of a how-to or useful tips.

If you are interested in helping us or would like more details about being part of a new site please either drop me a PM of post on our development forum at: www.linuxlogik.com by following the forum link.

Thanks to all of you!!

have a great day!

:)

xyz
December 31st, 2007, 02:51 PM
We want your how-to's and your art work

by art work, do you also mean music? I doubt it but I'll ask anyways.

rockinlinux
December 31st, 2007, 03:37 PM
well if you make music and want it to be avalible for free download then yes. We at linuxlogik are trying to make a site that the people want, we are usng people ideas and suggestions to make a great linux connection site.

Tux.Ice
December 31st, 2007, 05:18 PM
i know html, Java script and ill attach some ubuntu certificate of authenticitys

will the forum be like this on e with beans and stuff??????

Tux.Ice
December 31st, 2007, 05:20 PM
srry furgot to attach

ubuntu coa

rockinlinux
January 1st, 2008, 10:51 AM
anyone else? I forgot to say that we will need moderators too.

xyz
January 1st, 2008, 12:35 PM
well if you make music and want it to be avalible for free download then yes. We at linuxlogik are trying to make a site that the people want, we are usng people ideas and suggestions to make a great linux connection site.

want it to be avalible for free download then yes.

that's what I mean. If you care to, click on "Jamendo" in my sig. Thnx.

Tux.Ice
January 1st, 2008, 03:46 PM
can i be a mod??

tdrusk
January 1st, 2008, 05:21 PM
hmm. I write tech blogs. I was wondering if there was a way you could link to my site, as I would link to yours?

http://techaspect.weebly.com

It's soon to be techaspect.net, but I need to reregister the domain.

DeadSuperHero
January 1st, 2008, 09:06 PM
I don't mind writing, I keep several blogs, and am fairly active in the Linux community.

SolusNunquam
January 1st, 2008, 09:19 PM
I do Art and graphics as a hobby, so i can help you out with some graphics etc.

Tux.Ice
January 1st, 2008, 10:22 PM
anybody here wanna help develop / make graphics for an operating system?

rockinlinux
January 2nd, 2008, 10:49 AM
tux i can do it.

and for everyone else. If you would like to help the best thing to do is to joid our forum at linuxlogik.com. This will be easier for me to organize everything there if you could just post what you can and want to do there.

rockinlinux
January 3rd, 2008, 07:21 PM
anyone else? i still need artists and writers. Any how-to's that have good screen shots and such i would really like you to post. See www.linuxlogik.com please :)

CCNA_student
January 3rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
I put some how-to's at the bottom of my Linux blog. If you could tell me what you think of my writing, I would gladly write whatever you need.

Sin Cere,

CCNA

Vaelrith
January 3rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
I hope your planning a new website template, the current one is kind of bland and just boring. And the text in the menu is not so great.

rockinlinux
January 3rd, 2008, 09:42 PM
thanks for the input. Yes we are working on a new layout that will incoporate the homepage, wiki and forum.

on second are you wanting to help with this or just being negative?

snickers295
January 3rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
i can help on the site and forums, not to creative but i can try being a artist or writer, my forum id (on your forum) snickers295

rockinlinux
January 3rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
I hope your planning a new website template, the current one is kind of bland and just boring. And the text in the menu is not so great.

and please tell me you have another page besides your word press blog. If not you are no person to preach about design. im not meaning to be rude just stating a fact.

rockinlinux
January 3rd, 2008, 09:47 PM
i can help on the site and forums, not to creative but i can try being a artist or writer, my forum id (on your forum) snickers295

thanks, look forward to talking more to you soon.

:)

rockinlinux
January 3rd, 2008, 09:48 PM

cool logo though :) i like it a lot.

Vaelrith
January 3rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
on second are you wanting to help with this or just being negative?

Dang dude, you don't need to be bashing my website. I was just saying that I hope you were planning on making a new one. I wasn't trying to be negative or anything, I was just trying to help out because if people don't like your design, they typically won't stay very long. Again, I wasn't trying to be negative, but if it came out that way, I'm sorry.

and please tell me you have another page besides your word press blog. If not you are no person to preach about design. im not meaning to be rude just stating a fact.

I think you are trying to be rude because you thought I was trying to be rude, but I wasn't, and I apologize if it seemed that way. And no, I don't, that is just a small hobby of mine, and I've had mixed reviews about the layout of my site, but I'm not changing it now. Again, sorry if my statement came out as rude/negative/insulting, didn't mean it that way, just trying to offer some constructive criticism.

Tux.Ice
January 4th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Rockin Linux- if you can do graphics for glacier email me , tux.ice@gmail.com

Tux.Ice
January 4th, 2008, 03:25 PM
im using ie but i dont think the layout of everlong design is that bad. :)

tux

rockinlinux
January 4th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Rockin Linux- if you can do graphics for glacier email me , tux.ice@gmail.com

i pmed you on my site

rockinlinux
January 5th, 2008, 10:23 AM
see our new fourm an wiki, we are making changes to the layout still but stop buy and chck it out...still need help. :)

www.linuxlogik.com

jan quark
January 5th, 2008, 12:30 PM
hi rockinlinux!

what do you think about my site
its in my signature
perhaps we can link our sites?

just and idea...

rockinlinux
January 5th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Pm'ed you. thanks :)

snickers295
January 6th, 2008, 01:58 AM
there, put the site name in my signature :)

rockinlinux
January 7th, 2008, 08:51 PM
still need help from all of you! :)

Tux.Ice
January 10th, 2008, 12:49 PM
bumpity bump bump bumpity bump bump

rockinlinux
January 12th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I know there are some great writers here...come on guys! please!

thanks! :)

Tux.Ice
January 22nd, 2008, 10:42 PM
**bump**

hessiess
January 22nd, 2008, 10:46 PM
i would be able to halp with art if its 3d relted, but im bizzy right now.