PDA

View Full Version : you know u have had enough of compiz when....

snakeeyes
December 30th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I will start:

......when u expect ordinary windows in ur house to wobble when opened or closed.

LaRoza
December 30th, 2007, 03:20 PM
When you try to see how far (and slowly) you can move a window without it "letting go" of whatever its edge is touching.

chewearn
December 30th, 2007, 03:22 PM
When you want your house to rotate like a cube.

insane_alien
December 30th, 2007, 03:47 PM
when you wobble every time you come to a stop.

Sukarn
December 30th, 2007, 03:51 PM
When you try to see how far (and slowly) you can move a window without it "letting go" of whatever its edge is touching.

I have actually done this

LaRoza
December 30th, 2007, 03:52 PM
I have actually done this

I do it all the time, when I am in Compiz.

JacobRogers
December 30th, 2007, 03:53 PM
When you throw the papers on your desk up on the air and expect them to resize and reorganize so you can view them all at once.

oedipuss
December 30th, 2007, 03:53 PM
When you try to wobble-strech a window to snap at 2 widely spaced edges and stay there

kamaboko
December 30th, 2007, 03:56 PM
When you wonder why your thoughts don't go up in flames;

LaRoza
December 30th, 2007, 04:16 PM
When you can tell the difference between an app crashing and closing by the way it closes.

snakeeyes
December 30th, 2007, 04:33 PM
when u shiver when some one grabs u

LaRoza
December 30th, 2007, 04:37 PM
when u shiver when some one grabs u

What do you do when you are blurred? Or come into Focus?

eilu
December 30th, 2007, 04:59 PM
What do you do when you are blurred? Or come into Focus?
you fold yourself into a paper airplane and fly closer or away, as appropriate. :lol:

LaRoza
December 30th, 2007, 05:01 PM
you fold yourself into a paper airplane and fly closer or away, as appropriate. :lol:

lol

bruce89
December 30th, 2007, 05:23 PM
A bit boring, but

...when you switch it off.

I did a long time ago, it's a bad hack.

snakeeyes
December 30th, 2007, 06:24 PM
LOL

tdrusk
December 30th, 2007, 06:40 PM
when your desk has a bunch of crap on it and you press a hotkey only to realize that your desk didn't rotate to a clean one.

ticopelp
December 30th, 2007, 06:44 PM
When you keep trying to balance the desktop cube on one of the "edges" by dragging a window to the screen edge... very slowly...

Fixman
December 30th, 2007, 07:11 PM
When you open menus on windows computers and get impressed of how fast the menus open, and then think "I wish Linux menus opened that fast".

erfahren
December 30th, 2007, 07:21 PM
.... when you're absentmindedly spinning the cube and you find yourself making sound effects for it

"vroooom, vrooooooom, vroooooom" - lol

~LoKe
December 30th, 2007, 07:33 PM
...when you boot up windows and wonder why you can't move any windows (I tried to alt+click for about 5 minutes :().

the8thstar
December 30th, 2007, 07:34 PM
... You launch Google Earth and get a big black screen anytime you rotate the Earth. Compiz sucks for that.

snakeeyes
December 30th, 2007, 07:47 PM
.... when you're absentmindedly spinning the cube and you find yourself making sound effects for it

LOL

geek_Man
December 30th, 2007, 09:12 PM
... when you cease doing productive things and find yourself just shaking windows around...

FuturePilot
December 30th, 2007, 09:12 PM
When you see Jello and think Compiz.

snakeeyes
December 30th, 2007, 09:17 PM
... when you cease doing productive things and find yourself just shaking windows around...
I do that when bored.

snakeeyes
January 2nd, 2008, 11:54 PM
you know u have had enough of compiz when u name the fish inside ur cube

you know u have had enough of compiz when u try to feed the fish inside the cube

Borbus
January 3rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
When you try to spin the cube as many time as you can before your mouse hits your keyboard or falls off your desk.

Ultra Magnus
January 3rd, 2008, 12:39 AM
When pressing any combination of buttons on your keyboard results in something totally disorientating happening...

antiemptyv
January 4th, 2008, 12:10 AM
...when you hold down ctrl+alt+left (or right), spinning your desktop cube rapidly around and around and then let go, trying to get the cube to land on a particular workspace.

...and repeat it until you get it.

Nano Geek
January 4th, 2008, 12:53 AM
I have actually done thisMe too. 8-[

EDIT: This should probably be in the Cafe Games section.

swoll1980
January 4th, 2008, 01:21 AM
When your watching the game on on TV, and your wife tries to talk to you, but you just turn grey, and ignore everything she says. :)

Lostincyberspace
January 4th, 2008, 01:23 AM
When you try to wrap a window all th way around and over itself.

Doesn't work, trust me I just tried it.

K.Mandla
January 4th, 2008, 02:11 AM
EDIT: This should probably be in the Cafe Games section.
Yup. Moving there now. ... :)

BOBSONATOR
January 4th, 2008, 02:24 AM

ROFL

sr20ve
January 4th, 2008, 02:51 AM
When you try to find that magic point where you can place a window in a corner of your desktop to get it to constantly wobble trying to snap to an edge.

Anyone else ever see this?

geek_Man
January 6th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Yup.

snakeeyes
January 6th, 2008, 11:25 AM
When your watching the game on on TV, and your wife tries to talk to you, but you just turn grey, and ignore everything she says. :)
LOL

when u wish u could exit your house with the magic lamp animation

nikoPSK
January 7th, 2008, 12:18 AM
when you miss the window wobbling in windows...

when you slide the mouse up to the top right corner in windows and nothing happens

El_Belgicano
January 27th, 2008, 05:07 PM
when bored, you put a text file on every face of the cube(or extra faces) with texts like "she likesme", "she loves me", "go make a walk", ... and hit the spin cube hotkeys to make it like "wheel of fortune" ...

PS: not done, but thought of ... lool

nikoPSK
January 27th, 2008, 06:05 PM
when bored, you put a text file on every face of the cube(or extra faces) with texts like "she likesme", "she loves me", "go make a walk", ... and hit the spin cube hotkeys to make it like "wheel of fortune" ...

LOL:lolflag:LOL

snakeeyes
January 27th, 2008, 07:01 PM

Lol!

When the 3d effects r so common to u that u assume they r parto of every OS and can't bear to use an OS which doesn't have them. (This happens to me when I use Windows or OS X)

stoodleysnow
January 27th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Lol!

When the 3d effects r so common to u that u assume they r parto of every OS and can't bear to use an OS which doesn't have them. (This happens to me when I use Windows or OS X)

Oh, I know. tell me about it! :roll:
\ :-?
|'''''''''''''|

psychiatrist's couch ^

snakeeyes
January 27th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Oh, I know. tell me about it! :roll:
\ :-?
|'''''''''''''|

psychiatrist's couch ^
LOL

MalfunctioningMartian
January 29th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I got int the habit of wobbling windows when I'm waiting for something. When I used a Windows machine I still tried to make them wobble.

hhhhhx
January 30th, 2008, 08:59 AM
when you use windows and you feel that you must sit up strait because of the rigid windows :)

mozetti
January 30th, 2008, 10:07 AM

That would be a cool plugin - magic 8-ball. Ask a question, hit a hot-key and the cube spins. When it stops, your random answer pops up. Someone head over to the compiz forums and suggest that - I'm at work. :)

xpod
January 30th, 2008, 10:17 AM
When the only real reason you have a Windows vm is so you can set fire to it.In our living room here atm there is a 22" a 19" and big TV that all do the Compiz thing,Those kids of mine cant see anything but they want it.:)

You also know when you`ve not had enough Compiz..... when you go buy new GFX cards,purely for pixel shading abilities,and the silly Water effects they provide:-\"

snakeeyes
January 30th, 2008, 10:23 AM
When the only real reason you have a Windows vm is so you can set fire to it.In our living room here atm there is a 22" a 19" and big TV that all do the Compiz thing,Those kids of mine cant see anything but they want it.:)

You also know when you`ve not had enough Compiz..... when you go buy new GFX cards,purely for pixel shading abilities,and the silly Water effects they provide:-\"
I never thought of setting fire to my windows virtual machine, good idea.

Thingymebob
June 30th, 2008, 09:14 PM
when you press ctrl+alt / alt+shift or super then every key on your keyboard to see what happens

paul101
July 1st, 2008, 12:13 AM
i just tried to rotate the cube

wait, sh*t i'm in windows xp :lolflag:

MLawrence
November 21st, 2011, 04:28 PM
...you're in class, and deliberately start drawing fire on your screen just to get your classmates to react.

...you keep trying to change view ports... in Win7.

...you spend over an hour trying to create a "perfect color theme" that you're bound to change in a week or month anyway.

...you forgot why you signed on, because you got distracted messing with the ccsm.

...you spend 30 minutes imagining the reactions of people you'll never show your computer to anyway. lol

...when your girl falls asleep in your lap while you're showing her compiz effects.

...when you turn on your Linux box for no other reason than to see the Compiz effects.