PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get upset when your threads get moved to another subforum?

kevdog
December 29th, 2007, 04:20 PM
I guess I'm in a funk. Many of my threads recently have been moved from the cafe to other subforums. Fearing a future move of this thread, I wont mention the two moved threads by name.

Has this ever happened to you on a regular basis? Makes me feel deflated and much more likely to open new threads that probably should be moved due expressed feelings and content.

mellowd
December 29th, 2007, 04:23 PM
I've had about 5 threads moved. I agree with some of them but not others

OffHand
December 29th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Grow up - Get Over It - Post In The Appropriate Forum Section

LinuxIsInnovation
December 29th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Never happened :D

K.Mandla
December 29th, 2007, 04:36 PM
:-k 8-[ :-\"

popch
December 29th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Shouldn't this thread be in the Forum Help subforum?

(big wide evil grin)

happysmileman
December 29th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Shouldn't this thread be in the Forum Help subforum?

(big wide evil grin)

ITT we try to ruin the OP's life

fuscia
December 29th, 2007, 05:42 PM
i started a thread in the cafe that was an introduction for a fictitious spoof os and it got moved to the 'other os' forum. that actually made me laugh.

smbm
December 29th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Do you ever get upset when your threads get moved to another subforum?

No.

banjobacon
December 29th, 2007, 07:07 PM
On the one hand, this forum has a lot of members and is very busy, so it makes sense to have all the threads organized into specific subforums.

On the other hand, there are far too many subforums to keep track of (there are subforums within subforums!), so it's annoying when a thread you're reading get moved into a subforum you never look at.

What did I do to get over this annoyance? I stopped reading the forum so often.

p_quarles
December 29th, 2007, 07:08 PM
On the one hand, this forum has a lot of members and is very busy, so it makes sense to have all the threads organized into specific subforums.

On the other hand, there are far too many subforums to keep track of (there are subforums within subforums!), so it's annoying when a thread you're reading get moved into a subforum you never look at.

What did I do to get over this annoyance? I stopped reading the forum so often.
You can always subscribe to the threads you want to keep track of. This way, it will show up in your subscriptions page, and you won't need to keep track of which forum it's in.

Lostincyberspace
December 29th, 2007, 07:17 PM
If it isn't in the cafe no if it is then yes, if it is in the cafe it should stay there since it really doesn't matter.

forrestcupp
December 29th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I guess I'm in a funk. Many of my threads recently have been moved from the cafe to other subforums. Fearing a future move of this thread, I wont mention the two moved threads by name.

Has this ever happened to you on a regular basis? Makes me feel deflated and much more likely to open new threads that probably should be moved due expressed feelings and content.

Well, you have to keep in mind that the Cafe is only for general discussion. This is not the place to ask for help; there are subforums specifically for that. It's also not the place for political, religious, or possibly offensive discussion; the Backyard is for that. It's also not the place to whine and argue about stuff that gets whined and argued about all of the time (although people whine and argue about MS and Windows regularly and it never gets moved).

But if you just want to discuss something civilly, you shouldn't have any problems in the Cafe.

Master-of-None
December 29th, 2007, 07:39 PM
No, Especially considering I'm a newbie.

ticopelp
December 29th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Not technically, although I thought that some threads I'd posted in had been deleted, when in fact they were just moved or in the Backyard, which is not subject to forum searches, as I found out. I made a thread criticizing moderation and everything... it was quite embarrassing... http://photobucket.com/albums/y54/ticopelp/sidelong.gif

But upset over moving threads? No.

bigyoy
December 29th, 2007, 08:27 PM
not really, life is too short!

Ripfox
December 29th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Grow up - Get Over It - Post In The Appropriate Forum Section

I believe the OP knows where to post with 3000+ posts you think he's got a handle on it...:-s

kevdog
December 29th, 2007, 09:04 PM
The OP with 3000+ replies gets in a lot of trouble these days. Just frustrated with things in the forums and trying to recommend some small tweaking to make it better. Getting shot down at every turn.

-grubby
December 29th, 2007, 09:25 PM
well I'm usually happy if they move it to the right sub-forum (P.S. I've only had 2 threads moved ever)

Lostincyberspace
December 29th, 2007, 09:59 PM
If they move it from community cafe to some bean counting one I am always happy.

forrestcupp
December 29th, 2007, 11:26 PM
How can you have 3500 posts and you have only been here since March of 2007? It seems like all you would have time for is posting stuff.

Midwest-Linux
December 29th, 2007, 11:32 PM
I have had a few posts moved, and several threads of mine were deleted by the moderators too.....

LaRoza
December 29th, 2007, 11:33 PM
I don't get upset, because they are moved for good reasons.

I had one moved to the jail actually, because I accidently double posted.

LaRoza
December 29th, 2007, 11:33 PM
How can you have 3500 posts and you have only been here since March of 2007? It seems like all you would have time for is posting stuff.

Then don't look at my stats :)

Ripfox
December 30th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Then don't look at my stats :)

I never noticed that Laroza...post much?

LaRoza
December 30th, 2007, 04:24 PM
I never noticed that Laroza...post much?

No, I am a bot.

I just got new icons today.

Ripfox
December 30th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Join the robot mind...:lolflag: