PDA

View Full Version : Fujifilm's Cameras

Iandefor
December 29th, 2007, 04:48 AM
I'm considering buying a digital camera. One of the more appealing (spec-wise and review-wise) is a Fujifilm camera.

However, a friend of mine warned me away from Fujifilm cameras, saying that their cameras had a reputation of breaking down too easily.

Does anybody have any input on the general quality of Fujifilm's cameras? It looks like a decent camera but I don't want to invest money into something that's liable to break easily.

Erdaron
December 29th, 2007, 06:13 AM
I had a Fujifilm camera a long time ago. It died after my boat flipped in a swamp in the Everglades. It actually worked for a short while after it dried out. Then again, that would kill most cameras.

My personal recommendation is be wary of any camera that has a leaf lens cover as opposed to a hard shell or cap that moves over the lens when the camera is off. Especially if you have children about. Leafs get bent easily.

bonzodog
December 29th, 2007, 04:55 PM
I have a fujifilm "FinePix M603" digital camera that is about 3 years old, and it's great - it talks to linux as a mass storage device as well, so when I plug it in, the pics just show up on the desktop.