PDA

View Full Version : Testing if this forum is protected against this kind of things

SweeeT
December 28th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Nevermind I tryed and it's protected! Great job Ubuntu staff :)

JohnnyBoy022
December 28th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Unforunately it isn't, and my computer had a hell of time loading that.
Now I wonder what would happen if I quoted your whole message :)

SweeeT
December 28th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Nah.. I didn't want to make the forum long to load.. Some forums just crash.. Try this on other forums and you'll see what happens :)

Majorix
December 28th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Logically, there was a really low possibility the forums would have been protected. But if you look at it, there are always mods and they could delete/lock such threads if they wanted to.

Nekiruhs
? Just curious, but what was here? Apparently you removed it, but just for the sake of knowing what were you trying to figure out?

samjh
What was the vulnerability you were testing for?

I hope you informed the forum admins before doing whatever you tried to do.

Majorix
December 28th, 2007, 02:08 AM
He had a post with a quote in a quote in a quote in.. You know the rest :)

I was also wondering, is the "thank you" facility not hackable? I mean, can't you just give yourself a "thank you" from another account you create? I am asking this because I see some people have incredibly higher amounts of thanks compared to some others.

Nekiruhs
December 28th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Oh. I can see how that would be an issue.

SweeeT
December 28th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Logically, there was a really low possibility the forums would have been protected. But if you look at it, there are always mods and they could delete/lock such threads if they wanted to.
The thing is you can ruin other's topics like this: I did a thousand of quotes in quotes with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V

a
a
a <--- Like that

And no.. I would inform administrators if it wasn't protected.. Since it was ok I just deleted the whole thing and will leave admins in peace :)

P.S. Help other forum owners by doing this (I don't know how to solve crashing when this occurs but maybe they will be able to :) ) A cracker can come with a script to do this on every thread and it's kinda boring deleting all those messages :) (I saw this happen)

Best Regards

K.Mandla
December 28th, 2007, 02:12 AM
? Just curious, but what was here? Apparently you removed it, but just for the sake of knowing what were you trying to figure out?
Repeated nested quote tags.

Nevermind I tryed and it's protected! Great job Ubuntu staff :)
That was an exceptionally bad idea. Please do not do that again.

Such as now.