PDA

View Full Version : Pannel bookmarks menu

Arktis
September 13th, 2005, 08:38 AM
http://browserbookapp.sourceforge.net/

Pretty nifty; I can confirm it works with firefox bookmarks on breezy. I don't know about epiphany. There seems to be a slightly longer delay when clicking bookmarks when firefox is not already open. I have the tab browser extension installed, so when I click a bookmark from the pannel, it will open the link in a new tab in the same firefox window that is already open.

doclivingston
September 13th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Epiphany can (on Breezy at least, not sure about Hoary) do something similar if you go to Tools->Extensions and turn on "Bookmarks Tray".

darkmatter
September 13th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Nice. Another add on for my Breezy installation.

psychicdragon
September 13th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Seems pointless to me. What's the need for two different bookmarks menus?

Arktis
September 13th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Seems pointless to me. What's the need for two different bookmarks menus?

1.) When the browser isn't open and I want to go to a website in my bookmarks, I eliminate several steps by opening the site directly from the pannel menu. Instead of going to Applications > Internet > Firefox, waiting for firefox to load, then going to the bookmarks menu in firefox and selecting the site, I just open the site directly from the pannel.

2.) It's easier for me to use the bookmarks menu this way. I just throw my mouse to the top of the screen to get to the menu; I don't need to be that precise.

3.) It's keen. :razz: