PDA

View Full Version : New avatar! Does it suck?

pizzach
September 13th, 2005, 02:52 AM
Woot. I made a new avatar last night. The ubuntu version you can see to the left of this message with Ryu from Street Fighter. But to judge my success I need to gnom if you can tell what is the object the ubuntu logo is on. And maybe what the word above it is.

This was my first real picture done with gimp as apposed to Photoshop. I'm so proud of myself. :smile:

Artistic comments are also welcome. I took the original image from another source so it's not a 100% original image. I just pasted the stuff together.

BWF89
September 13th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Good I guess.

Did you use the GIMP?

Brunellus
September 13th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Woot. I made a new avatar last night. The ubuntu version you can see to the left of this message with Ryu from Street Fighter. But to judge my success I need to gnom if you can tell what is the object the ubuntu logo is on. And maybe what the word above it is.

This was my first real picture done with gimp as apposed to Photoshop. I'm so proud of myself. :smile:

Artistic comments are also welcome. I took the original image from another source so it's not a 100% original image. I just pasted the stuff together.
allow me to be the first to say.....

HADOOOOOOOKEN!

pizzach
September 13th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Good I guess.

Did you use the GIMP?

Yeah. My second picture I've tried to do in it.

bored2k
September 13th, 2005, 02:57 AM
allow me to be the first to say.....

HADOOOOOOOKEN!
Shinshoryuken > Shinkuu Hadouken > Shinpuu Tatumaku Senpuu Kyaku (Ken's special kick rave) > Regular Hadouken

;)

pizzach
September 13th, 2005, 02:59 AM
I'm trying to figure out though if the thing actually looks like a coffe cup he's holding. Sometimes it just looks like a nuclear waste barrel to me...Anyone else?

XDevHald
September 13th, 2005, 03:09 AM
I'm trying to figure out though if the thing actually looks like a coffe cup he's holding. Sometimes it just looks like a nuclear waste barrel to me...Anyone else?
Nah, it's fine :) good job!

endy
September 13th, 2005, 03:18 AM

Looks great to me, and a nice original idea too. Thumbs up :)

YourSurrogateGod
September 13th, 2005, 03:38 AM
All of them are pretty good, but my favorite ones are with the cup :lol: .

matthew
September 13th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Nice coffee mug with the Ubuntu logo and the word coffee on it. (Thought I should answer the original question...yes, I can tell what it is and what is written on it.)

poofyhairguy
September 13th, 2005, 03:42 AM
I can still remember all of his best moves. Good job.

TravisNewman
September 13th, 2005, 03:43 AM
New avatar! Does it suck?

Yep. ;)
Nah, not really. I dig it. I used to play Street Fighter 2 until my thumbs ached, so I can appreciate it :)

BoyOfDestiny
September 13th, 2005, 07:42 AM
That is cool!
I've been wanting to do something like that as well (bringing in a game character and mixing in ubuntu some how).

Oh well, at least I've played street fighter II in ubuntu (thanks advance mame =) )

And yes I still remember when I picked up the snes port (for $70! ahh!), and got a callous on my thumb within a couple of days.

psychicdragon
September 13th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Nice, but Terry Bogard >> Ryu.

Muhammad
September 13th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Hotsuma (Shinobi) > All!!

I made this avatar 5 mins ago, it's Tifa from Final Fantasy VII/Advent Children.

But it sucks, so I won't use it...

psychicdragon
September 13th, 2005, 11:24 AM

I made this avatar 5 mins ago, it's Tifa from Final Fantasy VII/Advent Children.

But it sucks, so I won't use it...Totally OT, sorry:

Have you watched Advent Children?

I downloading right now. Hopefully the fansubs are decent and won't ruin it for me.

Muhammad
September 13th, 2005, 11:58 AM
OT?

Nop I haven't watched the movie yet, and I can't download it because my connection is slow and blocks torrents and the like.

So I'll have to wait for the official version to be released in my country(Lebanon)... http://ubuntuforums.org/images/icons/icon9.gif

Many people around the web are saying it's a fanatstic movie! Can't wait to get my hands on it, since, you know, I've been tracking it for a whole year... :D

psychicdragon
September 13th, 2005, 12:30 PM
OT = off topic

I've also been awaiting this for quite some time too. The release date for North America has been pushed back to November or maybe December, I have no idea when you'll get it in Lebanon. Everyone was expecting it next week, so I expect their will be a lot of people downloading it. There are about 3000 seeds right now.

Final Fantasy 7 will always hold a special place in my heart. I remember wearing the t-shirt that came with the game to school for like a week. Those were such great times to be a gamer, everything was so new and exciting.

I don't get to play a lot of videogames anymore, except for a little nethack when I should be working ;-)

pizzach
September 13th, 2005, 01:12 PM

But it sucks, so I won't use it...

Nice Avatar. But does a bit dark for such bright forums. ;-) My ryu icon from a year ago was actually made to look more that style. Mmm...gotta get something to eat. Gonna narf some zatar.

jbinc1
September 13th, 2005, 01:27 PM
It looks great. Excellent job!!!:smile: