PDA

View Full Version : Bean Count

cartisdm
December 26th, 2007, 02:40 AM
Has anybody else noticed that the bean count hasn't grown any since the implementation of the Thanks feature. Or do they not grow when you post within community cafe? (I've spent the past two days in this area of the forum lol. I'm starting to like it:))

LaRoza
December 26th, 2007, 02:41 AM
Has anybody else noticed that the bean count hasn't grown any since the implementation of the Thanks feature. Or do they not grow when you post within community cafe? (I've spent the past two days in this area of the forum lol. I'm starting to like it:))

They don't count in forums that are not support forums.

cartisdm
December 26th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Gotchya, why's that?

-grubby
December 26th, 2007, 02:43 AM
you don't get beans in the community cafe. Only support areas

-grubby
December 26th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Gotchya, why's that?

they used to count but some users complained about users posting in things like the Word Association thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=86033) and getting beans like crazy

LaRoza
December 26th, 2007, 02:52 AM
they used to count but some users complained about users posting in things like the Word Association thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=86033) and getting beans like crazy

Yeah, if I got beans for community cafe and backyard (and the new games) forums, I would have a very large amount.

p_quarles
December 26th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Yeah, if I got beans for community cafe and backyard (and the new games) forums, I would have a very large amount.
Yep. I remember when they opened the Games section, and a bunch of threads I'd posted in were moved over there. The admins hadn't yet configured the "bean count" mechanism to disregard posts there -- and my count shot up by a couple hundred I think. And that was just a fraction of my Cafe posts.

Frankly, I'd be scared to know my total post count. :)

LaRoza
December 26th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Yep. I remember when they opened the Games section, and a bunch of threads I'd posted in were moved over there. The admins hadn't yet configured the "bean count" mechanism to disregard posts there -- and my count shot up by a couple hundred I think. And that was just a fraction of my Cafe posts.

Frankly, I'd be scared to know my total post count. :)

So would I.

I stopped posting in the Bump thread when it was moved (you can find my farewell in it) because at the time it was pointless to bump a thread in a forum one page long. I still haven't resumed.

That thread alone would add a lot to my count.

cartisdm
December 26th, 2007, 03:18 AM
I suppose as a person who's fairly new to actually posting within Ubuntuforums bean count seems important to me, even though I know it's totally pointless. I guess it's like the privelage to drive, can't wait to do it a lot at first, then it just becomes a part of everyday life

~LoKe
December 26th, 2007, 03:26 AM
I started posting when bean count was disabled in off topic sections. Makes sense to me.

Lostincyberspace
December 26th, 2007, 05:08 AM
it makes sense to me but it would be net if they had another one called gunk blobs or something for in the non support forums?