PDA

View Full Version : themes

Mikecore
December 26th, 2007, 02:11 AM
I have been playing with theme's and colors today. I noticed that even though we do have the ability to change every aspect of the Gnome Desktop, It is a real pain.
I know we can drag and drop theme files to install. What I'm talking about is the fact that to really totally change a theme you need to change many different items
gdm, compiz, boot splash, and other things. I would love to be able to pick a theme and have it change everything. ( Maybe thats just a pipe dream ) but it sure would be nice.

smartboyathome
December 26th, 2007, 02:20 AM
There are different technologies out there which can be themed. There is Emerald, GDM, Metacity, GTK, Usplash/Splashy, GRUB/GFXBOOT, I think it would just make a themer's work harder to create themes.

p_quarles
December 26th, 2007, 02:20 AM
You can certainly do that in Fluxbox. I mean, you can't change everything with just a single click, but theming is remarkably simple compared to any of the big DEs.

-grubby
December 26th, 2007, 02:23 AM
You can certainly do that in Fluxbox. I mean, you can't change everything with just a single click, but theming is remarkably simple compared to any of the big DEs.

one of the things I love about fluxbox