PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How can I hook up house-wide sound?

nachomania
December 25th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while...I've got a lot of music, but hate to be at a computer all day, or watch my mp3 player eat batteries. I'm thinking the easiest way to get music from my comp out around the house would be to just send it out on FM, and have radios everywhere (Portable too..). Is there anything I could just use with a usb port, that works immediately with Ubuntu?

fatality_uk
December 25th, 2007, 09:45 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while...I've got a lot of music, but hate to be at a computer all day, or watch my mp3 player eat batteries. I'm thinking the easiest way to get music from my comp out around the house would be to just send it out on FM, and have radios everywhere (Portable too..). Is there anything I could just use with a usb port, that works immediately with Ubuntu?

Be aware that in some countries, as daft as it sounds, any FM transmission above a certain wattage requires a broadcast license.

Quick and easy way. Google WIFI speakers. There's a few decent ones on the market. Bit pricey but hey!!