PDA

View Full Version : What did everybody get for Christmas?

Ripfox
December 25th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I'll start...I got a sweet footswitch for my Spider3 Line6 amplifier so I can rock out better, thanks to my girlfriend! :)

jespdj
December 25th, 2007, 06:05 PM
One of the presents I got is a Logitech V470 bluetooth mouse (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/3287). It works without any problems with my laptop with Ubuntu 7.10.

Ripfox
December 25th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Nice! More compatible hardware....muahahahaha!

Nekiruhs
December 25th, 2007, 06:10 PM
I finally got a Dell Vostro 1400. This thing is sweet. My first laptop. It has 2.0 GHz Intel Dual Core CPU, 14.1 in screen, and 1 GB ram. I'm so happy with it. It has a lot of features I didn't expect too. It has two headphone jacks (Go figure, sharing DVD etc audio with friends maybe?), Card reader, built in mic and Dell Media Direct instant start software. I love it, but currently it is running XP. I've never handled Linux on a laptop before so I'm slowly working up the courage to risk a working system. I typed this from it.

sailor2001
December 25th, 2007, 06:11 PM
a lump of coal is bad?

Ripfox
December 25th, 2007, 06:11 PM
If you get cold you could burn the coal?

Black Mage
December 25th, 2007, 06:16 PM
For X-mas, I recieved a:

Quad Core Q6600
Seagate 400 gig hard drive
Gigabyte motherboard
NZXT case
DVD burner drive
ThermalTake Power Supply
and 2 Gigs of RAM

It was a good christmas.

cartisdm
December 25th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I got a nice leather briefcase (that doubles as a laptop case) for work as well as a RC flying car. Supposed to be a gag gift but turns out to be a lot of fun:)

Ripfox
December 25th, 2007, 06:20 PM
For X-mas, I recieved a:

Quad Core Q6600
Gigabyte motherboard
NZXT case
DVD burner drive
ThermalTake Power Supply
and 2 Gigs of RAM

It was a good christmas.

Damn dude.

mips
December 25th, 2007, 06:21 PM
The question should rather be "What did you give to the less fortunately for Christmas?"

Society is really warped. Me, me, me.

hhhhhx
December 25th, 2007, 06:22 PM
a dremel + a bunch of other stuff

and why am i on the forums at Christmas??

cartisdm
December 25th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Yea but where's the fun in that? haha

Ripfox
December 25th, 2007, 06:24 PM
The question should rather be "What did you give to the less fortunately for Christmas?"

I donated money to the Salvation Army...but dude, lighten up really, it's just a thread for fun...sheesh. If you want to start that thread then do it.

cartisdm
December 25th, 2007, 06:26 PM
a dremel + a bunch of other stuff

and why am i on the forums at Christmas??

My excuse it everyone is cooking and setting up the table to dinner/guests. This is my only getaway

Dr Small
December 25th, 2007, 06:29 PM
I got absolutely nothing :D
I don't celebrate chri$tma$$

Ripfox
December 25th, 2007, 06:29 PM
My GF and I got REALLY sick (sore throats cough ect...) so we had to stay away from the familys and nephews and nieces so they didn't get sick. So, she is sleeping and I am on the Ubu forums. :)

hanzomon4
December 25th, 2007, 06:50 PM

I am the less fortunate,

I got to setup a wireless network and my little bros computer(bought by a family friend). My gift, The smile on his face. Truly at 21 the best thing about christmas is surprising the young ones and getting to see that look of total joy.

Medieval_Creations
December 25th, 2007, 06:51 PM
A Iogear 8-Port KVM switch form my servers... :guitar:

crjackson
December 25th, 2007, 06:59 PM
For X-mas, I recieved a:

Quad Core Q6600
Gigabyte motherboard
NZXT case
DVD burner drive
ThermalTake Power Supply
and 2 Gigs of RAM

It was a good christmas.

WOW! You cleaned up... :)

crjackson
December 25th, 2007, 07:07 PM
1 ) A Hoodie Sweatshirt w/ CNC logo
2 ) An LED Powered Flash Light
3 ) A back massager cushion thing for my old sore back
4 ) A Craftsman Circular Saw, Drill, Sander, Jigsaw, Drill/Screw bits, Screw drivers (I guess that means wife wants some work done on the house)
5 ) Laser Level
6 ) NVIDIA 7900 GTO (I got this for myself though).
7 ) Time with my family I haven't seen in over 35 years.
8 ) Met my baby Granddaughter for the 1st time.
9 ) A weight bench and weights

fatality_uk
December 25th, 2007, 07:14 PM
A Mont Blanc Meisterstück 149 piston fountain pen and a Rolex Daytona 116520, some after shave and some new techy stuff when I get back to the UK. I am a lucky man :D

bonzodog
December 25th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Well, I got CSI:Miami series 4 boxsets and a little '20 questions' gadget for xmas. There is only my wife and me this year, here on our own. Good thing really, as, like ripfox, I have come down with something approaching the flu,( Bad head, runny nose, severe bouts of coughing, absolute lack of appetite - I couldn't even finish xmas dinner).

-grubby
December 25th, 2007, 07:23 PM
1: an electric blanket (I've always wanted one of these)
2: a boogie-board-sled thingy
3: gloves
4: $30 + wallet
5: a $10 gift card to wal-mart

Nekiruhs
December 25th, 2007, 07:25 PM
'20 questions' gadgetThose things are awesome. I got one last year and I've only beaten it when I got really specific down to the brand/product level. Lol, I'd love to see how they programmed that thing. Think of the possibilities it could have in normal user software.

Sayers
December 25th, 2007, 08:07 PM
For christmas I got an amazing lot of fun stuffs :
Of course clothes
An 80 gb PS3 which I love!
Ratchet & Clank Future : Tools of Destruction
A huappage tv tuner card which we are returning, huge ps3 lag on it.
A very nice logitech joystick for flight gear
---
After returning my tv tuner card we are planning on getting
Warhawk
Another PS3 controller
Some other ps3 game I'm not sure of yet

Anywho, I love my ps3, if you happen to have one, my PSN name is sjsayers , just say in the friend invite your from the ubuntu forum
---
We had christmas Sunday because, well, we thought it made more sense, or better yet I beswindled my way via begging :)

executor
December 25th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Benq 22" lcd monitor (FP222w h) and 300kr :)

LO Matt
December 25th, 2007, 08:49 PM
a lump of coal is bad?

Poor Santa has to buy carbon offsets now for all the coal he gives to bad children. :(

tomauty
December 25th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Sennheiser HD280 Pros (<3)
2 gigs of RAM
200 some dollars
60 dollar newegg gift card
guitar hero 3
scarf and belt

That is from everyone in my giant family, though.

Ripfox
December 25th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Poor Santa has to buy carbon offsets now for all the coal he gives to bad children. :(

:lolflag:

Lostincyberspace
December 25th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Those are stupid they just make people feel all warm and nice. But they don't really do anything.

But I got a nice pair of wireless head phones, super scrabble, and a nice telescope.

Portable_Jim
December 25th, 2007, 08:59 PM
New Motherboard with 1GB RAM. MP3 player, that I just discovered playes OGG.

Mellowdrone
December 25th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I received a Nintendo Wii from two of my closest friends and I'm loving this thing.

new2*buntu
December 25th, 2007, 09:56 PM
A one-use camera and 2 cards.

graabein
December 25th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I got lots of cool stuff. From my girlfriend I got pictures of our time together, a sweater and a Neil Young album. Other gifts include a sauce pan, Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii, a picture of me and my sisters, some socks, albums by Miles Davis and Band of Gypsys by Jimi Hendrix + gift certificate for a new frying pan and more.

Having a really great time and I hope you all have a good time to! :)

natedawg
December 25th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I got a Wacom Bamboo Fun Graphics Tablet!
Plus I got it working in both windows and Ubuntu!

Linuxratty
December 25th, 2007, 10:40 PM
A backpack,bench for the bathroom, money,motherboard and power supply., pictures.

LaRoza
December 25th, 2007, 11:30 PM
I got:

* Chocolate (x2)
* Movies (x3) (Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Team America: World Police, Airplane)
* Money and gift card

RudolfMDLT
December 26th, 2007, 12:13 AM
chocolate, tequila and some cash.

popch
December 26th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Three different blends of tea
A set of five puzzles made of bamboo and strings
A leather bound notebook (paper, for writing with pencil or pen)
Half of a book on formal gardens (the wife got the other half)
One combination of level, laser pointer and measuring tape
Visit by family members, some of them from the other side of the world, with their beloved ones.

Gen2ly
December 26th, 2007, 01:14 AM
chocolate, tequila and some cash.

I hope you don't have those together :)

I got a dvd recorder !

And i got to talk to my family :) :)

kthxbai2u
December 26th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Well I got a couple things.. Including a cordless phone (I need one because I'm a phone technician) and also a brand new Logitech MX3200 KB and mouse. I cant seem to get the basic functionality of the keyboard working at boot or even in KDE. The mouse's basic functions work. My brother claims its only for use with windows and that it needs "special drivers" for the wireless bit to even work. I told him no, the idea of USB is that all you have to do is plug it in and you'll have basic functionality. Especially for peripherals like mice and keyboards. And because the mouse works (not the quick buttons) that means the same should work on the keyboard. All the keys except the media keys and favourite application buttons etc.

....am I not right? Even my old wireless mouse worked with basic functionality on any OS without drivers. The drivers just tell the computer how to react when the special commands are sent.

I don't know, I'm going to make a thread about the keyboard not working and copy this to it. Oh and yes I did sync the mouse first and then the keyboard. Shouldn't it also work with basic functionality at boot? For example, shouldnt I be able to hit delete when I first power on and get into the BIOS? Because with this new KB it doesn't seem to be recieving (or sending) the signals at all....

I got other stuff too, my brother bought me a 512 stick of ram and it has noticably sped up my computer a bit. My apps load a second faster so I'm happy :P And me and my younger brother decided equally not to get each other anything this year... LOL me and him make it easy :D

Gotta go, got some programming to do and a keyboard to get working ::S :confused:

ThomasWii
December 26th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Well i got a Wacom Bamboo which I'm trying to get working(http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=631881&page=5) and a R4 DS, and all the rest is just small gifts:)

TBOL3
December 26th, 2007, 02:08 AM
I got a hp pavilion dv6000, but it runs vista, :( .

I hope ubuntu works well on it. :) .

But other then that, it's really nice.

kamaboko
December 26th, 2007, 02:22 AM
I got a Panasonic Plasma HDTV.

kinematic
December 26th, 2007, 02:30 AM
My girlfriend got me a pair of these DYI amps designed by Rik Stoet (a famous Dutch tube amp designer). It's actually a present for the both of us, I just have to build them lol. (click on pic for link to website)

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/255/stoetkitiipairqq8.jpg (http://www.noteworthyaudio.co.uk/diy/Stoetkit_II.html)

DjBones
December 26th, 2007, 03:27 AM
some cologne, clothes, and books ..
pretty good haul this year i'd say :D

kthxbai2u
December 26th, 2007, 03:35 AM
My dad had an old tube amp with two rows of tubes, the back row was huge and the front was slightly smaller. Tube amps are pretty neat lol and keep you warm in the winter ;D

Is that a tube amp? or did you place some glasses behind a speaker and it just looks like one? lol Oh theres a mirror there too? Something confusing me O_o

EdThaSlayer
December 26th, 2007, 03:46 AM
My gift is...life! I'm glad to have a nice warm bed, good food, a computer, and the internet! :D I didn't really get anything materialistic though.

inversekinetix
December 26th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Amongst other things, a box of 16 mixed beers from my home country, not drunk them for 10 years!!!

cool wifey!!

ravirdv
December 26th, 2007, 03:58 AM
i got Nokia E51 :D

SuperMike
December 26th, 2007, 06:06 AM
I lost my job. Actually, I was forced out by some morons after saying "NO" finally after being fatigued with too much work for too long and never getting any credit for the miracles I did for 6 awful years. Thread here (http://www.wickedfire.com/newbie-questions/20630-fired-christmas-please-advise.html). Had to become an independent contractor for PHP/MySQL/PostgreSQL work. Besides, I think I enjoy working for myself and also avoiding Linux sysop work -- the programming is a bit more fun and I don't have alerts going off on my phone every hour.

So my kids didn't really get much except what we were able to pull together at the last minute. I can't afford fuel for my Jeep and we're penny pinching all that we can right now because the mean old employer I used to have really stuck it to us at the season where we have the highest financial burden.

Luckily, someone gave me a project and I'm working on that now. He seems to like my work and so he's also discussing a Phase 2 and more cash. From yet another person I met in a forum working at an ad agency, the other gig I received by email seems a bit ominous, perhaps impossible, but I'm still considering it.

So, if anyone knows of any projects, reach me at the contact at volosystems.com, where I also host a F/OSS site. If anything, have some free software on me this Christmas. Thanks.

-grubby
December 26th, 2007, 06:21 AM
I lost my job. Actually, I was forced out by some morons after saying "NO" finally after being fatigued with too much work for too long and never getting any credit for the miracles I did for 6 awful years. Thread here (http://www.wickedfire.com/newbie-questions/20630-fired-christmas-please-advise.html). Had to become an independent contractor for PHP/MySQL/PostgreSQL work. Besides, I think I enjoy working for myself and also avoiding Linux sysop work -- the programming is a bit more fun and I don't have alerts going off on my phone every hour.

So my kids didn't really get much except what we were able to pull together at the last minute. I can't afford fuel for my Jeep and we're penny pinching all that we can right now because the mean old employer I used to have really stuck it to us at the season where we have the highest financial burden.

Luckily, someone gave me a project and I'm working on that now. He seems to like my work and so he's also discussing a Phase 2 and more cash. From yet another person I met in a forum working at an ad agency, the other gig I received by email seems a bit ominous, perhaps impossible, but I'm still considering it.

So, if anyone knows of any projects, reach me at the contact at volosystems.com, where I also host a F/OSS site. If anything, have some free software on me this Christmas. Thanks.

That sounds really depressing :cry:. I hope it gets better

rzrgenesys187
December 26th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Blank DVDs and a copy of Linux Mint - this was a gift to myself

~LoKe
December 26th, 2007, 06:24 AM
A duffel bag for when I ship off for basic training.
Some nice shirts/sweaters.
Socks.
Shaving equipment.
Kenneth Cole cologne.
$6,000 watch.

TeraDyne
December 26th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Let's see here:

Samsung S730 digital camera
Wolf-themed wallet\keychain\phone holder set
$200 Best Buy gift card
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD
MicroFleece Blanket (lavender in color)
2 books on drawing in Anime\Manga style

With the gift card, I have ordered:
Samsung U3 2GB audio player (plays OGGs)
1GB SD memory card (for camera)
Franklin-Speaking Spelling Ace with Thesaurus (Useful, since I'm working on some stories and poetry)

Ocxic
December 26th, 2007, 06:46 AM
500GB sata HD
4GB DDR2 RAM
leather jacket
some clothes

OlyPerson
December 26th, 2007, 06:48 AM
I got an ASUS EeePC :guitar:
I'm still figuring the whole thing out, but it seems freaking awesome! I can't wait to buy myself some 8GB SDHC and an external HD for it... *sigh*
Now I just have to figure out how to get jdk to work for it so I can practice programming :confused:

LaRoza
December 26th, 2007, 07:12 AM
I got an ASUS EeePC
I'm still figuring the whole thing out, but it seems freaking awesome! I can't wait to buy myself some 8GB SDHC and an external HD for it... *sigh*
Now I just have to figure out how to get jdk to work for it so I can practice programming :confused:

For the JDK, see my wiki (other one) http://laroza.wikidot.com/one

I am envious of all the tech stuff, but considering I got a gift card and some cash, so after I pay my credit card bill, I will try to find some nice silicon toys.

Keen101
December 26th, 2007, 07:18 AM
the book "101 Spy Gadgets for the Evil Genius"

It look awesome!

I also got a reloadable Visa gift card. I'm thinking about learning how to program AVR's by getting stuff from Ladyada http://www.adafruit.com/.

P.s. Hope your situation gets better.

IgnacioMiller
December 26th, 2007, 07:25 AM
A Linksys NSLU2, already flashed with a full Debian installation. :mrgreen:

Chilli Bob
December 26th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Cash (going towards new sleeping bag)
Limited edition print by Sister-in-law. (Hoverfly on flowers)
Box of Tupperware (been hinting for years)
Starcraft Battle Chest. (from myself)

P.S. Good vibes to SuperMike - hope things pick up soon.

christianxxx
December 26th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Got Futurama season 4 on DVD (and now I have all seasons), but would be just as happy with the lump of coal. :)

GSF1200S
December 26th, 2007, 10:08 AM
My family- Doesnt happen often in the military...

fenian
December 26th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I got this (http://www.kiva.org/about)to give it's pretty cool and a nice sweater which is pretty warm.

kinematic
December 26th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Is that a tube amp? or did you place some glasses behind a speaker and it just looks like one? lol Oh theres a mirror there too? Something confusing me O_o

That's a pic of the amps on an English website ( I haven't build them yet). The amps are monoblocks placed closely together, maybe that's what's confusing you.

Ripfox
December 27th, 2007, 05:25 PM
A duffel bag for when I ship off for basic training.
Some nice shirts/sweaters.
Socks.
Shaving equipment.
Kenneth Cole cologne.
$6,000 watch.

6000 dollar watch...eek. That seems crazy to me, but what do I know about the finer things in life? :)

Master-of-None
December 27th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I got a Linksys Wireless Router, a cheap, but usable gateway laptop, and a cheap MP3 Player, which I can't really use yet. I also got 40 bucks, which I'm gonna use most of it to replace a broken Wacom Graphire stylus.

Tristam Green
December 27th, 2007, 05:35 PM
A nice new black leather jacket. It goes to just above my knees, which is a great length for me. I'm 6'4" so it's a BIG jacket.
A gigantic match lighter, which is cool as everything :D
A grille fork that measures meat temperatures; I'm never cooking pittsburgh rare steaks again!
A "new" car, since mine died on 12/14. A fire-engine red 1991 Dodge Stealth that looks and performs like brand-new.
A Nintendo Wii from my wife, which I am having a blast with (Wii Golf is addictive!) Came with Wii Play and a second remote and Nunchuk.
A handmade votive holder from my sister-in-law; she made it with cinnamon sticks. It smells awesome with ANY kind of candle in it.
A potpourri burner from my mother and father with about seven types of potpourri tarts.
A money jar that counts the amount of change you put into it.
A set of Final Fantasy III figurines (Dragoon, Knight, Freelancer, White Mage, Red Mage).
A Tonberry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonberry#Tonberry) cell phone charm
Money which I used to pay for gifts for others and to pay down my student loans
Various gift cards and clothings

Midwest-Linux
December 27th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Ubuntu ....The Titanic Edition ...lol

External hard drive
Portable MP3 recorder (POGO)
Comp TIA + study books

popch
December 27th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Ubuntu ....The Titanic Edition ...lol

How fast did it sink?

XVII
December 27th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I got a 4gb Cowon D2 with a 4gb sdhc card.

miggols99
December 27th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I got a laptop for christmas, with:

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.5GHz
1GB RAM
80GB Hard Drive
Built in bluetooth
15.4" screen
Intel Intergrated Graphics

I put Arch Linux and KDE4 onto it is really fast! Most things worked without much trouble, but I'm still trying to get bluetooth working.

~LoKe
December 27th, 2007, 06:45 PM
6000 dollar watch...eek. That seems crazy to me, but what do I know about the finer things in life? :)

To be fair, I found it in the parking lot. So perhaps not a gift. ;)

stoodleysnow
December 27th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Hannspree/Hanns G/HNC/? (anyone know this company's real name?) 19" LCD monitor,
another 1GB of RAM so now I have 2GB,
a Zalman silent HSF for my Intel Core2Duo 2.13GHz CPU,
a new Mobile Phone (LG Shine KE970),
lots of clothes,
some tools,
a couple of books,
two model railway point motors,
a new duvet,
a complicated puzzle,
some vouchers
and a tenner
& perhaps some other stuff...:confused::):):guitar::lolflag::popcorn:

forrestcupp
December 27th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Do you really want me to tell you what everybody got for Christmas?

fedex1993
December 27th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I got a bunch of stuff but i will keep it short.

1. a new lg 22 inch 2ms 3000:1 monitor
2. new logitech 5.1 speakers system(still trying to get full 5.1 on ubuntu)
3. A ned pioneer dvd player
4. guitar hero 3 for ps2(sorry i like ps2 better)
5.New maxtor 300gb portable hardrive i dont really call it portable it is big
6.Some money
7. K & R c programming book
8. A new pair of icemat gaming head phones which is perfect for listning to music

( sorry about bad spelling i am dyslexic)

Tristam Green
December 27th, 2007, 09:28 PM
( sorry about bad spelling i am dyslexic)

Your spelling was better than most non-dyslexic persons I've seen on forums :KS

NickyT
December 27th, 2007, 09:51 PM
I got a GPS that I have been wanting for a long time! And I also got some money, with which I FINALLY bought a 1TB External HDD! It's one of those Western Digital My Books, and it rules! :KS

I got Guitar Hero II and III, as well.
:guitar:

99bluefoxx
December 28th, 2007, 04:02 AM
o.0, excuse to brag =3
ok, lets see, $40, seagate barrucuda 7000.10 80gigSATAdirve, sandisk sansa e260[it bricked last week], another generic 1GB mp3 player[lol, 6 total now] stereo sony speakers for computer, more fish and tank equipment, assorted chocolates and such, today my 7.10 CDs came in the mail[and they said it was not accepted lol], hogans heros season two, WOW burning crusade, a mini camera that linux cant read the pictures from[hey, its from an avon catalouge, whadda you expect?] and some other things my friends said they got me but i havent seen yet[XD]
too many treats to list, lol
btw, how do i get a SATA drive to work in 7.04?i want to backup to my new drive, lol[will start new thread, allready spent 30minutes searchingXD]

Ripfox
December 28th, 2007, 05:12 PM
That's exactly what it is :)

Ripfox
December 28th, 2007, 05:14 PM
To be fair, I found it in the parking lot. So perhaps not a gift. ;)

You FOUND a 6000 Dollar watch?? Sweet man, what luck. You gonna sell it on ebay or what?

mips
December 28th, 2007, 05:34 PM
You FOUND a 6000 Dollar watch?? Sweet man, what luck. You gonna sell it on ebay or what?

No, he seems like a decent honest person and is trying to locate the owner so far: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=650162

Ripfox
December 28th, 2007, 05:36 PM
No, he seems like a decent honest person and is trying to locate the owner so far: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=650162

That was assuming he did that unsuccessfully already...

Where I come from it's 36 hours.

markp1989
December 28th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Well, I got CSI:Miami series 4 boxsets and a little '20 questions' gadget for xmas. There is only my wife and me this year, here on our own. Good thing really, as, like ripfox, I have come down with something approaching the flu,( Bad head, runny nose, severe bouts of coughing, absolute lack of appetite - I couldn't even finish xmas dinner).

i had the same thing so did most of my family, i have hardley eaten since xmas eve

for xmas i got an EEE PC 4gb white, tops,socks.deoderent, vodka,beer,

~LoKe
December 28th, 2007, 05:45 PM
That was assuming he did that unsuccessfully already...

Where I come from it's 36 hours.

I've done what's in my power short of turning it into the police (in which case, it's very likely neither the owner or myself will ever see it again). There's an ad in the local classifieds and an ad in the paper. I'll hold onto it for a month or so before I even consider doing anything with it.

Ripfox
December 28th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I've done what's in my power short of turning it into the police (in which case, it's very likely neither the owner or myself will ever see it again). There's an ad in the local classifieds and an ad in the paper. I'll hold onto it for a month or so before I even consider doing anything with it.

Yea, sounds reasonable man. I wouldn't give it to the state either...you tried and are trying, so that's all you can do. :)

Out of curiosity, if someone answers that ad, how to prove it's theirs?

mellowd
December 28th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Lot's of food and desert that I'm still eating now. My wife and I are holding off gifts until the end of January due to unforseen circumstances (Though I imported a Hungarian version of a Harry Potter book, which cost a small fortune

Espreon
December 28th, 2007, 05:57 PM
My big present was a Nintendo DS Lite and Pokemon Diamond version....

Espreon
December 28th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Out of curiosity, if someone answers that ad, how to prove it's theirs?

Its quite simple... You don't... (den den den dun)

onesojourner
December 28th, 2007, 07:23 PM
I finally got all the stuff I need to replace my athlon 2200...

E6750
gigabyte mb
2 gigs of balistix 800 ddr2
asus 7900 gs top
500 thermaltake

all for under 450 shipped.

bobbocanfly
December 28th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Nintendo Wii + some games
Band of Brothers Boxset
Head Torch

Some other properly random stuff, but nothing too geeky. Getting a new hard drive for my birthday next month though.

Pethegreat
December 29th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Sennheiser HD280 Pros (<3)
Enjoy them. I have a pair.

I got:
$225
A carport(got $250 off)
A tool kit
3 shirts
$25 best buy gift card
candy
soap

Other people in my house got:
Guitar hero 3(XB360)
Rock Band
Guitar amp
San Disk MP3 player

suziequzie
December 29th, 2007, 03:39 AM
320 GB Sata hard drive. Finally have my computer tweaked Juuuuuust the way I like it. I moved my old system disk (first 80GB) to the second 80GB I had (much quieter now, and better performance. I think the old 80 was going to die soon) and moved all the junk I'd saved on the second 80 to the new 320.

Thanks to Mom, Mike and Denise. They all chipped in.

thorwood
December 29th, 2007, 07:18 AM
a Wii! shoot i thought i was getting a guitar.....

uwishurockedthishxc
December 29th, 2007, 07:45 AM
the new computer in my sig. some of the parts anyway. echo1 ak-47s airosft gun, cd's, ut3, crysis, tickets to linkin park

zachtib
December 29th, 2007, 07:55 AM
money, which turned into a PS3, and yes, it's already running Ubuntu

I'm really interested in the Cell processor, and a PS3 was the easiest way to get one (and you can find them everywhere)

tad1073
December 29th, 2007, 08:38 AM
I got 2 shirts, 2 pair of pants, a pack of socks, underwear, house shoes, 2 bic lighters, some candy bars, a key chain, Incubus-Light Grenades and Live in Atlanta CD's Oh, and a $20 gift cert. to best buy which I am going to buy another 512mb of ram for my moms comp. which is the comp. that I use also and I received Ubuntu 7.10 today in the mail, which brings me to this question. I have a computer upstairs which is a Gateway 2000 with a 30gb removable HD and 256mb of ram. I put 7.10 on it and the screen res. is stuck at 800x600, I can't resize the widows so I can't completely install it. The screen has these funky lines on it that duplicates everything that the lines come in contact with. I think the graphics card is unsupported and I have no clue what kind it is, so, is there a way to format the disk so I can change the screen res. to 1024x768 so I can see the whole screen to complete the install process?

RegT
December 29th, 2007, 01:56 PM
An Asus EEE pc!

Gonna install Xubuntu on it at some point today :guitar:

Lster
December 29th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Money, books, DVDs, a golf club set, T-shirts and some more...

Lster
December 29th, 2007, 03:16 PM
An Asus EEE pc!

Gonna install Xubuntu on it at some point today

That is very nice! :)

happysmileman
December 29th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Final Fantasy 8.
Book voucher.
Gamestop voucher.

Ex-windows
December 29th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Finally got a Cordless Keyboard and Mouse set for My T.V. Computer. And the Really Great Part is that It worked right out of the box. Now we can Surf, Play games, Listen to music and watch DVD's while sitting on the Couch instead of on the floor right in front of the TV.
This is The Logitech Cordless Desktop for those looking for a compatible set..

Ex-windows
December 29th, 2007, 06:58 PM

We volunteered at the food bank and donted alot of canned goods to same food bank.

argraff
December 31st, 2007, 08:44 PM
A refurb Wacom Graphire 4! WAAAAAAY TOO MUCH FUN!

(Worked perfectly with Ubuntu right away, btw!)

Good wishes to all those in trouble, those heading off to Iraq and all. :)

ezphilosophy
December 31st, 2007, 09:03 PM
http://www.digitimes.com/Images/2007/12/18/2677_r.jpg

Samsung recently released a 22-inch widescreen LCD monitor, the 2232GW Plus, targeting the gaming market in Taiwan.

This monitor features a dynamic contrast ratio of 10,000:1, a brightness of 300 cd/m2 as well as a viewing angle of 170 degrees and a response time of 2ms.

Thanks to my wife.

w7kmc
December 31st, 2007, 09:12 PM
My grandmother was going to throw away her old PC. It is a Dell 667R. Needless to say I saved it from the dump. I think it only has 128MB of RAM and a 666MhZ processor. I may try installing Ubuntu Server on it and running it in that configuration as a home server. I have not decided yet. It upgradable to 512 MB RAM...so maybe a little xubuntu of fluxbunu box?

It'll be fun to play with!

~LoKe
December 31st, 2007, 09:15 PM

Get over yourself. Some of us are the less fortunate. Why should we not be happy/able to brag about what we received for Christmas?

Ripfox
January 1st, 2008, 02:40 AM
Get over yourself. Some of us are the less fortunate. Why should we not be happy/able to brag about what we received for Christmas?

Agreed. Have you seen my apartment?? :lolflag:

linux_kid
January 1st, 2008, 09:08 PM
Nintendo Wii (really, it's great)
Wacom Bamboo Fun (ubuntu doesn't like it, thought)
Logitech V220 wireless mouse (perfect :))
Webcam
Coat

Great Christmas! :guitar:

jgrabham
January 1st, 2008, 09:25 PM
Acer X201W 20" 5ms 1680x1050

http://www.easycom.co.uk/cnetspec/picts/I547231.jpg from my parents

ukripper
January 3rd, 2008, 11:53 AM
Eee pc http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=24&l2=0&l3=0&l4=0&model=1907&modelmenu=1

Installed eeexubuntu on external VEHO SDHC high speed Class 6 card and booting dual boot with xandros. Never been this happy since i got Xbox 360 on my birthday.

bill_greene
January 3rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
I got a laptop for Christmas, with:

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.5GHz
1GB RAM
160GB Hard Drive
Built in bluetooth
card reader
15.4" screen
Intel Intergrated Graphics
Vista home premium

2 -2GB sticks of Crucial ram to upgrade it with

Leather combo briefcase laptop bag

Verizon Fios triple play package.

Shirts

This great back massager you plug into your car or wall.

happy-and-lost
January 3rd, 2008, 01:03 PM
I finally got my paws on the guitar my avatar is holding: an Epiphone Dot

Ripfox
January 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
I finally got my paws on the guitar my avatar is holding: an Epiphone Dot

I had one of those...it was sweet. Unfortunately it got into an altercation at a party and was smashed to bits.

Mean-Machine
January 3rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
WACKEN 2008 Ticket :guitar: and an Iron Maiden T-shirt

SWEET Christmas :)

Cavalryman
January 3rd, 2008, 07:51 PM
My wife got me a Smith and Wesson .500 magnum revolver. We camp in the Alaskan bush where huge bears are common. It's one of those things that I hope I never need but would sure hate to be without. I try to avoid bears. The books say that bears mostly avoid people, but bears can't read so they might not know that.

ukripper
January 4th, 2008, 12:11 PM
My wife got me a Smith and Wesson .500 magnum revolver. We camp in the Alaskan bush where huge bears are common. It's one of those things that I hope I never need but would sure hate to be without. I try to avoid bears. The books say that bears mostly avoid people, but bears can't read so they might not know that.

I would scare off bears with picture of George Bush i guess(surely they won't want him there).