PDA

View Full Version : Geekdom Lvl 2: Triple booting FC8+Ubuntu+OpenSuse

bwhite82
December 25th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I have reached level 2 haven't I? I don't really want to reach this level but seriously, I am, as of yesterday, now triple booting the title-mentioned OSes. My wife says that I am "on the computer too much", the few friends I do have don't come around anymore. I find myself moving from one "computer project" to the next, day after day (the previous project was turning an old PC into a smoothwall box).

Thankfully, my work hasn't suffered yet. But I do find my mind on computers when I am at work (my job isn't computer-related, I'm a meter-reader for a well known utility company). I've thought about seeking out a LUG around here (Ohio) but it kinda bothers me. I think of LUGs as kind of like AA but for Linux users. Perhaps that is my only recourse. *sigh*

Well, onto my next project...

Xzallion
January 1st, 2008, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure what your asking on here other then saying you think you have a computer addiction. I'm also not sure why you think Linux User Groups are similar to Alcoholics Anonymous, as the first exists to promote the use of the groups activity, while the later is to help give up said activity.

If your worried about a possible computer/internet addiction seek professional help, as they are better trained to identify such addicitons.

If your losing friends because you no longer share similar interests with them, then try making new friends (Not the linux powered robot kind). :p
LUGs would be a good place to find people with similar interests in computers.

Also, heed your wife is she gets in a habit of saying your on the computer to much, don't want to wind up losing her because of a machine.

Just my two cents.

~LoKe
January 1st, 2008, 10:50 AM
You're still not at my level. I don't even have friends. ;)

verb3k
January 1st, 2008, 10:58 AM
The question is do you really need friends?
what is the defenition of "friend" anyway? (looking the wiki now) :)

hhhhhx
January 1st, 2008, 11:16 AM
what is the defenition of "friend" anyway? (looking the wiki now) :)

not to be insulting but if you haft to wiki friends they you are truly at geek god level (just kidding of course)