PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use Epiphany?

Vaelrith
December 25th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Does anyone completely use Epiphany? Instead of Firefox/Opera/Whatever?

Bou
December 25th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I do.

slimdog360
December 25th, 2007, 08:57 AM
id use it if I used gnome, but I dont. Actually I want to try out galeon.

Sef
December 25th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Actually I want to try out galeon.

Galeon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galeon) is no longer being developed.

Yes, I do use Epiphany.

King_Critter
December 25th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I used to use it, but after I upgraded to Gutsy it no longer worked correctly. So went back to Firefox. :)

undine
December 25th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Nuthin' but.

cookieforyou
December 25th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Ditto.

argie
December 25th, 2007, 01:02 PM
I used to use it, but the fonts were too tiny so I stopped using it.

Polygon
December 25th, 2007, 02:26 PM
i use it on my old computer cause firefox takes too much memory to run on it

but the only thing i hate about it is, it doesn't keep a history of sites visited, or a url typed history and autocomplete in the url bar like every other browser out there does. I know the gutsy repo one is like 5 versions behind...does the latest version have history and all that?

urukrama
December 25th, 2007, 02:30 PM
but the only thing i hate about it is, it doesn't keep a history of sites visited, or a url typed history and autocomplete in the url bar like every other browser out there does. I know the gutsy repo one is like 5 versions behind...does the latest version have history and all that?

I use epiphany on Dapper and it has all the things you list. It would surprise me if the developpers removed these features in later versions.

jan quark
December 25th, 2007, 02:31 PM
I am switching. One day fox one day epiphany. Have not decided yet.

Mateo
December 25th, 2007, 03:21 PM
i use it exclusively. Love it. Fits perfectly with gnome and has the most beautiful full-screen of any browser i've used.

bapoumba
December 25th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Epiphany here. I like the smart bookmarks. I've been playing with midori recently though :)

Vaelrith
December 25th, 2007, 06:52 PM
I like it. Why doesn't it come default instead of firefox?

IE: Safari in Mac OS X, IE in Windows?

a12ctic
December 25th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Because more people are used to firefox. I like epiphany a lot better too and I've been using it exclusively for a while.

nalmeth
December 25th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Yes! I use it predominantly on a slow machine, and about half the time on my PC, since compiz slows firefox near to a halt.

I used to use it, but the fonts were too tiny so I stopped using it.
You can alter a preference to increase the minimum font size, or allow a website to pick its own.

Vaelrith
December 25th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Is swiftfox not faster than firefox? If so, how does swiftfox compare to epiphany? All these browsers are starting to confuse me now.

banjobacon
December 25th, 2007, 09:56 PM

Epiphany does keep a history. Go > History. It also has auto-complete on the URL bar, which also works with bookmarks.

And Gutsy's version of Epiphany is not 5 versions behind.

new2*buntu
December 25th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Does Epiphany work with Flash and Java?

a12ctic
December 25th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Does Epiphany work with Flash and Java?

It uses gecko just like firefoxso the flash, java, and other video players work in epiphany as well.

new2*buntu
December 25th, 2007, 11:30 PM
It uses gecko just like firefoxso the flash, java, and other video players work in epiphany as well.

Thanks

urukrama
December 26th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Didn't we have a thread about this already?

EDIT: Indeed (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=598341&highlight=epiphany).

Vaelrith
December 26th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Sorry, my search turned up nothing...

zcal
December 26th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Yes! I like Epiphany's clean interface. Firefox has gotten much too crowded for my tastes.

I do use Opera sometimes, but only for a certain few sites that don't work correctly in Epiphany and Firefox.

Gen2ly
December 26th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Because both Firefox and Epiphany use the same engine, many users say that the speed is close to another. A several year old pc though can obviously see a difference. I use Epiphany on my iBook, the only thing i need of it is an integrated bookmark sidepane.

:)