PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Coyote_Tech
December 24th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Hello everybody. I was just approved for the Michigan Loco, and wanted to introduce myself. I live between Ann Arbor and Brighton. Up until recently I had been using Fedora ... but after trying Kubuntu I was hooked. I am in the process of learning C++, more as a hobby then anything but sooner or later would like to be involved with a coding project. More then likely it would be later though due to the fact that I am still new to Linux and programming in C++.

wolfger
December 25th, 2007, 04:07 AM
after trying Kubuntu I was hooked
:) Welcome, fellow Kubuntuist! :)
Glad to hear you're learning a new language and want to get involved. Just wanted to say that you don't have to wait until you're proficient with C++ to contribute! You can pick up some smaller tasks at any time by triaging bugs (we'll be showing how at the next IRL meeting, or there's resources online) or by learning to package apps (we have our second Packaging Jam coming up soon-ish, or again with the online resources).

Which isn't to say you have to jump in if you're not ready to... Just wanted to, uh, advise you of the opportunities. :)

Coyote_Tech
December 25th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the advice. At the moment I'm trying to learn as much as I can ... as long as I'm learning I'm happy.

tjagoda
December 28th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Welcome aboard!

Tadock
December 28th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Welcome! If you need help with something just ask the Ubuntu community is a great bunch of people.