PDA

View Full Version : My latest Screenshot of Ubuntu

UnixDaemon
November 29th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Yep.. Here it is guys, I don't run Gnome on Ubuntu, instead I run fluxbox 0.9 Development, I guess you can say I just got old with Gnome so I decided to change and Ubuntu allows change which I like lots ;)

Screenshot (http://home.comcast.net/~malikith/images/unixddesktop.jpg)

And for those who want the wallpaper by any chance, here it is:

The Wallpaper (http://home.comcast.net/~malikith/images/X-Tux01.jpg)

Rancoras
November 29th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Please post screenshots to the appropriate thread, Current Desktop is that thread. Mod, can you move this one?

UnixDaemon
November 30th, 2004, 03:48 AM
Uhh.. Don't get me wrong about this, but isn't this section in the forum called:

Ubuntu Screenshots / Art Talk (5 Viewing)
Share your Ubuntu screenshots and talk about ubuntu related art.

If I have to share my screenshot in a specific thread why doesn't it say so? It clearly says I can share my screenshot in this section and talk about any ubuntu related art like wallpaper and themes ;), I think this fits perfectly where its at, unless you guys forgot to add something there which would need to be fixed then

And aren't you a moderator? I mean thats what it says next to your name ;)

panickedthumb
November 30th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Uhh.. Don't get me wrong about this, but isn't this section in the forum called:

Ubuntu Screenshots / Art Talk (5 Viewing)
Share your Ubuntu screenshots and talk about ubuntu related art.

Yes, but it gets a bit messy. There's one thread in this forum section called "Current Desktop" that was created to clean that up a bit.

If I have to share my screenshot in a specific thread why doesn't it say so? It clearly says I can share my screenshot in this section and talk about any ubuntu related art like wallpaper and themes ;), I think this fits perfectly where its at, unless you guys forgot to add something there which would need to be fixed then
Don't take it personally, but you could imagine that a lot of screenshot threads would get messy, especially for people looking for other artwork designed for Ubuntu and having to muck through all the screenshot threads.

And aren't you a moderator? I mean thats what it says next to your name ;)
Yep, he is, and so am I, but moderation is spread out over the forums, and neither of us have power in this section of the forum.

UnixDaemon
November 30th, 2004, 08:01 AM
I wasn't taking it personally, I was just stating my points, and here are a few others ;)

If posting screenshots in one forum gets messy instead of posting it in one thread, why don't we have threads in the support forum for specific problems? I mean this goes down in the same area, and the support forums aren't all that messy, I guess in the world of everything all over the place it is but theres always the search option ;)

Anyways i'm done ranting, and I will proudly go post my screenshots in the "proper" thread, I just think it should at least be stated in the forum description or something so other people know in the future instead of having to argue out their points, because there is no point ;)

tacubuntuforums
December 22nd, 2004, 05:00 PM
Well, this is mine.

I don't know for what reason I'm not able to take screenshots with the proper key: "Print" or "Impr. Pantalla/PetSis"(in Spanish) which is detected in the shortcuts utility. I can use other combinations of keys but that one is detected but it doesn't work. Moreover I can't take screenshots while having the menus opened so I needed to take the screenshot from the command line after a wait instruction as it can be seen from the same screenshot. Any clues?