PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia's new stable driver is out

Lostincyberspace
December 22nd, 2007, 03:05 AM
With the newest driver from nvidia I am now a full fledged modern Linux user. My video card is no longer buggy. the 7300 LE driver has been running flawlessly since I installed it. I now say I am in heaven. This is bigger than christmas for me since I can now use desktop effects. :)

-grubby
December 22nd, 2007, 03:22 AM
thank you NVIDIA! (Although I've had a stable driver for my NVIDIA Geforce 6100 already)

Nano Geek
December 22nd, 2007, 03:44 AM
Well, all I can say is: What took you so long NVIDIA?

Luigi239
December 22nd, 2007, 06:45 AM
What is this new driver going to give people using the 8600s? I have one, and although it works fine for compiz, I get alot of verticle lines during fast motion like video, moving windows, and switching workspaces. (only happens in linux.)

Regardless, when will we have a one click install from the repos? I can't seem to get this to install...it complains about the kernal version, and wants me to download a package of some sort to make it work.

Nano Geek
December 22nd, 2007, 06:48 AM
What is this new driver going to give people using the 8600s? I have one, and although it works fine for compiz, I get alot of verticle lines during fast motion like video, moving windows, and switching workspaces. (only happens in linux.)

Regardless, when will we have a one click install from the repos? I can't seem to get this to install...it complains about the kernal version, and wants me to download a package of some sort to make it work.Probably in Hardy, but possibly in the backports to past releases.

FuturePilot
December 22nd, 2007, 06:55 AM
Probably in Hardy, but possibly in the backports to past releases.

It will be in Hardy. It will never go to the backports though. It's too low in the system for that.

I'm still waiting for their next Legacy release which will have the improved Texture_From_Pixmap extension.

Lostincyberspace
December 22nd, 2007, 07:14 AM
You could use envy to install it search for envy on goggle and it will take you to the right place.