PDA

View Full Version : New to ubuntu...

bbc
December 21st, 2007, 04:36 AM
Hey, I just recently installed ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibson, maybe like 2 weeks ago. Had a few difficulties, like being able to play runescape and the good ol' dvd player wouldn't work correctly. But with plenty of patience and dedication I figured out what was wrong and both are working fine now. And I didn't have to beg for help! I just read and figured it out. I feel so accomplished. But anyway I'm new to the forum and I'm looking forward to learning more and contributing what I can. So hello linux/ubuntu community! :D

icechen1
December 21st, 2007, 04:40 AM
Hi!Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

Depressed Man
December 21st, 2007, 04:43 AM
Hello and welcome!

jimrz
December 21st, 2007, 05:19 AM
good job ... welcome

bharadwaj
December 21st, 2007, 05:45 AM
iam sure all the folks around here are really great and very much supportive trust me this is the best place to start off with the ubuntu
and the beginer's talk would really help anyone in from nivce levev

cyberbuff
December 21st, 2007, 06:02 AM
Welcome to ubuntu. I am sure you will enjoy your stay with Ubuntu...

barbedsaber
December 21st, 2007, 08:33 AM
Thank you for riding with ubuntu, please keep your arms legs and heads inside the vechile at all times and enjoy your ride, thank you.

toupeiro
December 21st, 2007, 09:20 AM
Hey, I just recently installed ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibson, maybe like 2 weeks ago. Had a few difficulties, like being able to play runescape and the good ol' dvd player wouldn't work correctly. But with plenty of patience and dedication I figured out what was wrong and both are working fine now. And I didn't have to beg for help! I just read and figured it out. I feel so accomplished. But anyway I'm new to the forum and I'm looking forward to learning more and contributing what I can. So hello linux/ubuntu community! :D

Hello and welcome! Please do not hesitate to ask for help with anything. That is what we are here for.

rzrgenesys187
December 21st, 2007, 09:23 AM
Welcome!