PDA

View Full Version : Assistance needed in the fight for freedom!

npaladin2000
September 11th, 2005, 06:08 PM
I don't want to give too much detail here, because I don't want to give Ubuntu itself any trouble (and I also don't want to give anything away). But suffice it to say it involves a reaction to a forum (not a Linux forum) that is ruthlessly supressing any opinion that might diagree with the opinions of their moderators in such a way that is completely uncalled for.

I'm sorry if posting this gets me in trouble here, but I'm seeing an injustice and feel the need to do something about it, and therefore must take that chance in order to take a stand.

Anyone withing to assist me can please e-mail me for details. A working IM ID with some service is necessary. And as far as I know the action I have in mind violates no laws in any way.

macgyver2
September 11th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Anyone withing to assist me can please e-mail me for details. A working IM ID with some service is necessary. And as far as I know the action I have in mind violates no laws in any way.
Maybe you could post the details on your blog?

Kvark
September 11th, 2005, 06:16 PM
As long as it's legal where their servers are located they can do anything they want. If you don't like the way a forum or any other site on the net for that matter is ran then dump it and use other sites instead. I bet nobody is forcing you or anyone else to use that particular forum.

npaladin2000
September 11th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Maybe you could post the details on your blog?

And spoil the surprise? ;)

J/K; I AM planning a blog entry on the subject...should be an interesting one. Thing is, no way the mods on that forum will read it, and I just think that they need to learn a bit of a lesson. And if they do, then maybe I will have done some good; I can live with that.

I just don't like to do blog posts when I'm A. too tired B. too emotional and C. watching my NY Jets get their tails beaten in by Kansas City. ;) I prefer to think them out a bit...I take pride in my writing (I used to write reviews for a tech website before I got tired of the bull involved). But I think one will be appearing in the next 24 hours...I was going back and forth on the FSF debate, then the hurricane response, and then a couple of other subjects, but this one feels more important to me.

npaladin2000
September 12th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Posted and blogged. Have a look. And feel free to spread it around.

One of these days I'm hoping people will actually start subscribing to the thing. ;)

Stormy Eyes
September 12th, 2005, 02:17 PM
(post deleted)

macgyver2
September 12th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Uncalled for, by whom? The forums are private property; Ubuntugeek is paying the bills himself, and you and I are guests. Would you come to Ubuntugeek's house, say something, and then complain when Ubuntugeek proves unwilling to discuss it? If not, then why do the same on his forum?
Hmm...first, what with the donation page, there are others who help with paying the bills here (I hope).

Second, seems to me that npaladin2000 was being considerate in not posting the details straight up on these forums. Maybe you misread...the forums in question in the original post aren't these Ubuntu Forums.

Stormy Eyes
September 12th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Maybe you misread...the forums in question in the original post aren't these Ubuntu Forums.

I did, and removed the post.