Tux.Ice
December 20th, 2007, 04:30 PM
*bump to front

Tux.Ice
December 20th, 2007, 04:43 PM
please help

NexusGS
December 20th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Sorry,you mean to start writing code from scratch and create a new OS ?

mmb1
December 20th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Couldn't that take an enormous amount of time if we didn't borrow any code?

lamalex
December 20th, 2007, 05:24 PM
This thread is probably better for the programming talk forum, not the absolute beginner one. I don't think I want absolute beginner's coding an OS for me.

hyper_ch
December 20th, 2007, 05:31 PM
bumping 3 times within one hour is not nice.

Tux.Ice
December 20th, 2007, 05:41 PM
srry bout the bumping :(

ummmmm....no code would be borrowed from ubuntu (thats why it is on the forum) and debian some code would be created though. and a kernel would be created new. i accidently put it in absolute begginner talk and i thank the admin that moved it

LaRoza
December 20th, 2007, 05:49 PM
srry bout the bumping :(

ummmmm....no code would be borrowed from ubuntu (thats why it is on the forum) and debian some code would be created though. and a kernel would be created new. i accidently put it in absolute begginner talk and i thank the admin that moved it

So you bumped again?

This task, making an OS from scratch is a good learning experience but is not useful.

You can use http://www.osdever.net/ to learn more of programming operating systems.

I assume that if you are proposing this you are good with C and Assembly, and understand hardware (interupts and such), otherwise, you are just asking others to do the work.

You might want to look at the opensource operating systems available.

scruff
December 20th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Nice link LaRoza :)

LaRoza
December 20th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Nice link LaRoza :)

I actually was looking for http://www.osdev.org/

Both look useful, but this one has a good wiki.

Tux.Ice
December 20th, 2007, 10:41 PM
yes i am quite skilled in c and assembly and understand hardware quite well i have designed a few circuit boards understand interrupts, etc, and have assembled servers and computers quite a few times.

LaRoza
December 20th, 2007, 11:19 PM
yes i am quite skilled in c and assembly and understand hardware quite well i have designed a few circuit boards understand interrupts, etc, and have assembled servers and computers quite a few times.

What have you done so far?