PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel that Windows is always out of day?

Ioky
December 20th, 2007, 03:24 AM
I was a heavy heavy windows user, well not any more. But I always feels that window is so out of day after a while using Linux, sense, you need to manual update each software at a time, (It suck while you have like 50 software installed.) And I need to install like so many software in order to do basic computer running as Ilike it. I mean, you really need a non-free software in order to change a good looking theme in Windows, beside this, you need a Non-free software in order to completely uninstall a software. And OF Course some really expensive software to protect your computer from adware, and virus. and you need to scan your computer once for awhile.

Well, when you use computer, you want to get work done by using a tool, I mean you do need to take good care of your tool, but no like buying stuff - using so many time in order to make the tool be able to work. beside of that, USE 6 years to make a OS that need 512MB ram to run? while nothing was really happening, beside, you can view your image with a slide show that needs 5min to load? and what they call it 3D desktop? I do agrees it looks pretty when I first see it, so did Xp, but do I really think it is pretty now, I don't think so. and I am pretty such I will feel the same time last.

I mean really, Linux is FREE, and Window is NOT FREE in term of freedom and money. I am not try to tear down window, I do agrees that There are many worth great software in Windows witch is much better then any software in linux, such as photoshop and 3Ds Max. But that have nothing to do with the way Windows OS was.

BSDFreakNo2
December 20th, 2007, 03:34 AM
I was a heavy heavy windows user, well not any more. But I always feels that window is so out of day after a while using Linux, sense, you need to manual update each software at a time, (It suck while you have like 50 software installed.) And I need to install like so many software in order to do basic computer running as Ilike it. I mean, you really need a non-free software in order to change a good looking theme in Windows, beside this, you need a Non-free software in order to completely uninstall a software. And OF Course some really expensive software to protect your computer from adware, and virus. and you need to scan your computer once for awhile.

Well, when you use computer, you want to get work done by using a tool, I mean you do need to take good care of your tool, but no like buying stuff - using so many time in order to make the tool be able to work. beside of that, USE 6 years to make a OS that need 512MB ram to run? while nothing was really happening, beside, you can view your image with a slide show that needs 5min to load? and what they call it 3D desktop? I do agrees it looks pretty when I first see it, so did Xp, but do I really think it is pretty now, I don't think so. and I am pretty such I will feel the same time last.

I mean really, Linux is FREE, and Window is NOT FREE in term of freedom and money. I am not try to tear down window, I do agrees that There are many worth great software in Windows witch is much better then any software in linux, such as photoshop and 3Ds Max. But that have nothing to do with the way Windows OS was.

Linux is a grea OS, we all agree on that, why compete at all, why even try? We do our thing, i just added a piece of code to a project in FreeBSD, nothing big, just something that might make the ZFS partitioner work for more people, it progresses, if it's good enough, we won't have to fight over the userbase, people will come to us.

That is just my opinion though and yours may differ and to me, that is quite ok.

Spike-X
December 20th, 2007, 09:17 AM
And OF Course some really expensive software to protect your computer from adware, and virus.

I've never encountered a Windows virus or spyware problem I couldn't either prevent or fix with free software.

SomeGuyDude
December 20th, 2007, 09:34 AM
I've never encountered a Windows virus or spyware problem I couldn't either prevent or fix with free software.

Look up "Spy Sheriff". I got nailed with that after a patch for a piece of software I'd downloaded came packaged with the thing and it was nearly impossible to get rid of. If memory serves I ended up reformatting.