PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Video Archive

BWF89
September 11th, 2005, 04:33 AM
<link removed due to possible legal issues>

Kapre
September 11th, 2005, 04:35 AM
<link removed due to possible legal issues>
This is nice! Thanks. My kids who really like the series loves it! :)

skoal
September 11th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Must....resist......urge............click........l ink.........

....ahhhh........too late. sweet!

\\//_

Kapre
September 11th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Must....resist......urge............click........l ink.........

....ahhhh........too late. sweet!

\\//_
Hey! I saw you (your avatar) on one of the clips!

skoal
September 11th, 2005, 04:54 AM
Kapre, really? Which one? I seriously haven't watched an episode in about 5 years or so. I've been digging through a few of 'em and scanned all of 'em. I didn't see any that featured Barney exclusively. I'll do some more digging...

Man, what a great thread. Mods, please make this a forum sticky!

muahahaha...

\\//_

macgyver2
September 11th, 2005, 05:03 AM
To quote Duffman..."OHHH YEAH!!!"

Great way to gear up for tomorrow night's season premiere! :)

BWF89
September 11th, 2005, 05:17 AM
Great way to gear up for tomorrow night's season premiere! :)
I haven't watched a new simpsons episode in months. Mostly because their only on once a week and I forget about them.

TravisNewman
September 11th, 2005, 09:24 AM
" Man, what a great thread. Mods, please make this a forum sticky!"

No, in fact I've removed the link until we decide if it's legal to leave it up. We could get into some trouble for that.

BWF89
September 11th, 2005, 02:39 PM
No, in fact I've removed the link until we decide if it's legal to leave it up. We could get into some trouble for that.
I don't think they would go after us just for posting the link.

sophtpaw
September 11th, 2005, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=panickedthumb]" Man, what a great thread. Mods, please make this a forum sticky!"

No, in fact I've removed the link until we decide if it's legal to leave it up. We could get into some trouble for that.[/QUOTE

paranoid? I can really see the television company come down on Ubuntu. "We keep track of all the forums in the world, and we caught one of your guys posting a link, hAH! gotcha, now wer're gonna sue Mark's ass"

yeah, really, common!

--
sophtpaw

ps. i wish someone would just answer some of my questions and help me get ubuntu to work :-?

TravisNewman
September 11th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Well, back in the day (before they started cracking down on this) did you hassle your friends who didn't have a black box to get free cable because they objected on moral standards? It's not paranoia. It's policy. We don't allow anything pirated here, and that includes posting links to pirated material. But if they DID come down on us, it would be on ubuntu-geek, who owns the servers and pays out of pocket, not Mark. I do seriously doubt that the TV companies would notice, though, but that's not the point.

When we decide on what to do someone will post here.

bob_c_b
September 11th, 2005, 05:06 PM
" Man, what a great thread. Mods, please make this a forum sticky!"

paranoid? I can really see the television company come down on Ubuntu. "We keep track of all the forums in the world, and we caught one of your guys posting a link, hAH! gotcha, now wer're gonna sue Mark's ass"

yeah, really, common!

--
sophtpaw

ps. i wish someone would just answer some of my questions and help me get ubuntu to work :-?
There are plenty of web sites that have been threatened with legal action for linking to illegal content. Unless those files are being hosted by Fox Home Entertainment they are likely illegal and could cause issues. The link should be removed and I'm glad to see it was.

Linux and Ubuntu do not need any bad press by being linked to piracy, good move panicked.

macgyver2
September 11th, 2005, 06:16 PM
There are plenty of web sites that have been threatened with legal action for linking to illegal content. Unless those files are being hosted by Fox Home Entertainment they are likely illegal and could cause issues. The link should be removed and I'm glad to see it was.

Linux and Ubuntu do not need any bad press by being linked to piracy, good move panicked.
I second that...I'm also happy to see it was removed, now that I think about it. Don't wanna get these forums in trouble. I didn't even consider this when I saw this thread last night. I guess that's why panickedthumb is a super moderator! :)

bob_c_b
September 11th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Yep, it's a sad state of affairs but a friend of mine got a cease and desist for using a hanful of sound effects from the X-Files on his web site a couple years back. Between the DMCA, copyright enforcement on the tiniest enfraction and general corporate intolerance it just isn't worth the risk any longer.

All hail the thumb! \\:D/

skoal
September 11th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Aw, shucks. I spent all of 30 seconds browsing that site and now those links are gone. I didn't even get a chance to see what that site was about. If it was what some here claim it to be, then I agree with PT's quick cat like reflexes there. Image is everything...

I know in the past a few websites have been given "cease and desist's" from Fox. You might find the following link very relevant concerning such Simpsons' sites: http://www.snpp.com/guides/net.html

\\//_

macgyver2
September 11th, 2005, 07:07 PM
I know in the past a few websites have been given "cease and desist's" from Fox.
Now that I think about it more...Fox was the one that that nearly sued, well, pretty much itself when the Simpsons made fun of Fox News. It's not a good idea to mess with a company that'll consider shooting itself in the foot!