PDA

View Full Version : what is the counter part of linux language to windows language?

Gowee
September 11th, 2005, 04:30 AM
i am just a new user of ubuntu linux and i am not yet aware of this program. we want to know the exact website of the equivalent meaning of linux to windows. including their icons and meanings. thank you so much! :) :grin:

aysiu
September 11th, 2005, 04:39 AM
i am just a new user of ubuntu linux and i am not yet aware of this program. we want to know the exact website of the equivalent meaning of linux to windows. including their icons and meanings. thank you so much! :) :grin: Can you give examples of what exactly you mean? What language? Are you talking about DOS commands? Huh?

Kapre
September 11th, 2005, 04:42 AM
i am just a new user of ubuntu linux and i am not yet aware of this program. we want to know the exact website of the equivalent meaning of linux to windows. including their icons and meanings. thank you so much! :) :grin:
OK, I maybe not getting your question right but would like to help. When you asked for "meaning of icons" do you mean what is the equivalent of the "My Computer" icon in Windows to Linux? If you want a detailed icon to icon meaning, I would suggest to browse through the linux os that you've installed (this is assuming you've already installed linux). If not, feel free to browse the "HOW TO" Guide on installing Ubuntu so you can get to know the look and feel of the desktop.

If you want to experience the real "feel" of using the LInux system, try to use one of the LiveCDs (Ubuntu/Kubuntu Live, Knoppix, Gnoppix, etc.).

K

EDIT: need to change "fee" to "feel"...:)