December 18th, 2007, 10:34 PM
LINUX is a Castle
Windows is a Normal house
Mac is a out house
LOL

p_quarles
December 18th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Personally, I prefer this one, as I find it more true:

If carpenters were held to the same standards as software engineers, the first woodpecker to come along would spell the end of civilization.

blithen
December 18th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Wow nice read. Hit the nail on the head IMO.

JurB
December 18th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Euh, that's not an accurate description of Linux.
At least not of Ubuntu: i didn't build anything myself, didn't spend a dime, and people who ask why this is walk away with a smile on their face and a Ubuntu cd in their hand!:)

tech9
December 18th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Personally, I prefer this one, as I find it more true:

Quote:
If carpenters were held to the same standards as software engineers, the first woodpecker to come along would spell the end of civilization.

:roll:

aysiu
December 18th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Euh, that's not an accurate description of Linux.
At least not of Ubuntu: i didn't build anything myself, didn't spend a dime, and people who ask why this is walk away with a smile on their face and a Ubuntu cd in their hand!:)
I agree.

When was this written? 1996?

I didn't assemble Ubuntu myself. No one on my block is envious. And Ubuntu is not rock solid... hasn't been since Hoary Hedgehog (5.04).

red_Marvin
December 18th, 2007, 11:06 PM
The problem with all the highly skilled carpenters working on the linux house appears when the time comes to decide the color of the bike shed. ^_^

aysiu
December 18th, 2007, 11:07 PM
The problem with all the highly skilled carpenters working on the linux house appears when the time comes to decide the color of the bike shed. ^_^
I guess at that point you have to "fork" the house into another house. Don't worry. The architectural blueprints are all open source.

red_Marvin
December 18th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Indeed, I'm very happy that material costs doesn't apply in the same way in the software world.

SunnyRabbiera
December 18th, 2007, 11:19 PM
sadly I live in the windows house for real...
we got a raw deal on this place

fedex1993
December 19th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Linux=A custom built castle that cna do anything you want to it and when and it will never fall down or have something crash.
OSX=Its Very perfect, nothing ever goes wrong, no one is allowed in it or out of it.
Windows=Is a shack that you see a hobo living it. The bugs are everywhere swarming. The water has tones of viruses in it. Will it ever get fixed up i bet not.

andrewwilliam
October 1st, 2008, 05:42 PM
I guess at that point you have to "fork" the house into another house. Don't worry. The architectural blueprints are all open source.:guitar:
================================================== ====
Andrew William

FSBO (http://www.fastrealestate.net)

cardinals_fan
October 1st, 2008, 05:56 PM
I guess at that point you have to "fork" the house into another house. Don't worry. The architectural blueprints are all open source.:guitar:
================================================== ====
Andrew William

FSBO (http://www.fastrealestate.net)
You bumped a 9-month-old thread to say something that's already been pointed out...?

I guess at that point you have to "fork" the house into another house. Don't worry. The architectural blueprints are all open source.