PDA

View Full Version : New Ubuntu Blog

ubuntonista
September 10th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Hi Folks,

I am so in love with Ubuntu, that I have decided to take the dive, get friendly with the command line, and above all, LEARN. To make it easier for others, I decided to maintain a log of useful information that should be useful for newbies and regulars alike.

News, code snippets, new utilities and programs, more news... it is all at
http://ubuntu.wordpress.com

Please leave a comment in this thread here, if you should have any suggestions :)

krusbjorn
September 10th, 2005, 08:18 PM
It's easier to find all this great information if it is concentrated on one spot. Keep building that blog of yours, but also try to add all your useful tips to the Ubuntu wiki! :D

ubuntonista
September 10th, 2005, 08:20 PM
It's easier to find all this great information if it is concentrated on one spot. Keep building that blog of yours, but also try to add all your useful tips to the Ubuntu wiki! :D

Sure will add to the wiki, whenever I can find the right page to fit the info into. Mostly the blog should have things that zapped me when I found them :)

Thanks for the comment!!

krusbjorn
September 10th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Sure will add to the wiki, whenever I can find the right page to fit the info into. Mostly the blog should have things that zapped me when I found them :)

Thanks for the comment!!

If there is no right page, create it! ;)

TravisNewman
September 10th, 2005, 09:02 PM
looks good. The more sites the better, but as krusbjorn said, better integration of documentaion is also important.

If anyone has a wordpress.com invite they want to send me I'll put it to good use :)

ubuntonista
September 10th, 2005, 10:34 PM
l...
If anyone has a wordpress.com invite they want to send me I'll put it to good use :)

I got mine strictly on the condition that I pass on the one invite I had to someone else, but if I should get another, I will be sure to remember you :)

rwabel
September 11th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Hi Folks,

I am so in love with Ubuntu, that I have decided to take the dive, get friendly with the command line, and above all, LEARN. To make it easier for others, I decided to maintain a log of useful information that should be useful for newbies and regulars alike.

News, code snippets, new utilities and programs, more news... it is all at
http://ubuntu.wordpress.com

Please leave a comment in this thread here, if you should have any suggestions :)
nice blog, check out mine (http://ralph-wabel.net) too :-)

ubuntonista
September 11th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Cool! I added a link to your blog on my sidebar. I hope everyone finds that useful.

Cheers!

rwabel
September 11th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Cool! I added a link to your blog on my sidebar. I hope everyone finds that useful.

Cheers!
thanks, I've added your blog too

majikstreet
September 11th, 2005, 04:44 PM
mmmmm..
I'm glad someone's doing that.

Wordpress.com? Wtf is that? Just checked the site.. Cool, is it by wordpress?

ubuntonista
September 13th, 2005, 11:25 PM
mmmmm..
I'm glad someone's doing that.

Wordpress.com? Wtf is that? Just checked the site.. Cool, is it by wordpress?

Yes, it is a service hosted by the WordPress devs - absolutely free, but invite only for now...