PDA

View Full Version : Software Freedom Day

Wolki
September 10th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Well, there's no thread yet, so...

Happy Software Freedom Day (http://softwarefreedomday.org/) to all Ubuntuers and everyone else here on the forums!

Too bad I didn't get to go to one of the activities. :|

mrtaber
September 10th, 2005, 07:38 PM
And Happy Software Freedom Day to you too. Every year I take the week of my birthday off (that's this coming week), and so far, my best present has been Breezy Preview! I'm loving it. I've only gotten to play with it a little, but so far so good.

My only major problem? Not being able to print from Epiphany any longer (I suspect that's a Gecko problem--it says my 8-month old printer's Postscript version isn't current enough...whaaat?). Anyway, enough of that.

Cheers and have a nice brew in honor of FREE / LIBRE software,
Mark :-D

macgyver2
September 10th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Happy Software Freedom Day (http://softwarefreedomday.org/) to all Ubuntuers and everyone else here on the forums!
And the same to you! :)

Too bad I didn't get to go to one of the activities. :|
Yeah, I had been thinking of going...but the closest group to me that is doing anything today is about 100 miles away. Too far to go, given my circumstances. :neutral:

ubuntu_demon
September 10th, 2005, 08:11 PM
happy software freedom day to everyone!

BWF89
September 10th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Happy SFD to everyone on UbuntuForums.

krusbjorn
September 10th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Happy Software Freedom Day to all!

Washi
September 17th, 2007, 02:27 AM
I was one of the organisers for the Event in New Plymouth, New Zealand. Taranaki Linux User Group...
We only had a few days to organise once we decided to do something, We had 20 Ubuntu discs, and 5 SFD2007 disks, of those we only had 4 64bit Ubuntu discs at the end of the event. If we had prepared earlier, im certain we could have done atleast double that.

Before the day we had decided if even one person switched to Open source it was a success, id say we succeeded.

:guitar::popcorn:

Sayers
September 17th, 2007, 03:35 AM
I was there