PDA

View Full Version : A forums proposal for Breezy

fishfork
September 10th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Hi,

I posted this over in the other forum, but no one seems to have seen it there so I thought I'd post again. Be good to get some feedback on this before Breezy comes out, please let me know what you think!

See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=63078

poofyhairguy
September 10th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Hi,

I posted this over in the other forum, but no one seems to have seen it there so I thought I'd post again. Be good to get some feedback on this before Breezy comes out, please let me know what you think!

See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=63078

This is kinda double posting, so please don't do that.

I can tell you that a system will be put in place that is close to some of your ideas. Instead of completely using the Wiki, we are going to go for duplication.

If you really want this idea to pass, please join a team that will be formed after Breezy with the purpose of helping How To makers get their stuff on the wiki.

I believe a more unified effort is needed, and me and some of the other mods are going to work on it!

I care about this too. It won't work exactly how you want because....well...the wiki is harder to use than it should be. But we will do everything we can to get around that (as much as we can).

If you want to help, PM me because we will need to start to put a team together NOW for Breezy.

fishfork
September 10th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Sorry about the double post, but I just wanted some of the moderators to have a look and didn't want to pm them. Thanks for the input anyway. Can you clarify what you mean by duplication? Or is there somewhere this is being discussed that I missed?

I'd be happy to spend some time transferring HowTo's to the Wiki, but I think we'd probably have to get permission of the author of each howto first.

krusbjorn
September 10th, 2005, 09:09 PM
If you check back at the thread you linked to in your first post, there is some extensive discussion going on there. (?)

fishfork
September 10th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Good point ... DOH ](*,) (was my browser caching that page?)

Now I see why double posting is bad :)