PDA

View Full Version : adduser help

ssgatbliss
December 16th, 2007, 02:36 AM
I'm trying to complete a lab for school and I'm sure the instructor is missing some vital information. We were told to add a group using groupadd -g 333 -o qw333. No problems there. Now I am supposed to create an account using adduser. It should include my full name and the group called qw333 with the bash shell as default. To check it we are supposed to switch users and log into the account we created and make a vi file. Here's what I used.

root@ubuntu:/home/ubuntu# useradd -gqw333 -p1351 -s/bin/bash ssgatbliss

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh it's UBUNTU running off a CD

Dr Small
December 16th, 2007, 03:57 AM
tsk, tsk. Thead locked.

What happened to that, any why did this get moved to the cafe? I saw nothing wrong with it.

Dr Small

-grubby
December 16th, 2007, 04:49 AM
What happened to that, any why did this get moved to the cafe? I saw nothing wrong with it.

Dr Small

yah I noticed that too, what gives?

Vorian
December 16th, 2007, 05:21 AM

Dr Smallactually, it was tsk, tsk, tsk, thread closed. The beginners forum is not a place for help with homework. This is a more appropriate forum for this question.

At the friendly request of the OP, I un-locked the thread. I'm sorry if anyone was offended by this.

p_quarles
December 16th, 2007, 05:24 AM
OP: The problem looks to be the lack of a space between the -g option and group name.

Crashmaxx
December 16th, 2007, 06:21 AM
OP: The problem looks to be the lack of a space between the -g option and group name.

He needs spaces for all the options. Should read:

useradd -g qw333 -p 1351 -s /bin/bash ssgatbliss

BTW: Helps to read the manual, next time you get stuck try:

man [command]

For example useradd:

man useradd