PDA

View Full Version : If you could easily see what Christmas gifts you'd get, would you look?

Mazza558
December 14th, 2007, 11:38 PM
That is to say, if someone you know had left a list of all the gifts you'd receive this Christmas on the table, folded over and titled "Presents for <insert name here>", would you look at it, or would you resist the temptation?

I asked a few of my friends, and most of them said yes, which surprised me. Don't people want a surprise on Christmas Day any more?

corney91
December 15th, 2007, 12:43 AM
That is to say, if someone you know had left a list of all the gifts you'd receive this Christmas on the table, folded over and titled "Presents for <insert name here>", would you look at it, or would you resist the temptation?

I asked a few of my friends, and most of them said yes, which surprised me. Don't people want a surprise on Christmas Day any more?

I wouldn't, but I found out accidently on Amazon's 'track packages':(

mellowd
December 15th, 2007, 12:46 AM
No, cause I like surprises

yarjar
December 15th, 2007, 01:04 AM
I literally hand-pick and buy all my major presents (so that I get exactly the right thing) but I usually get a few surprises too, and since I already know what I'm getting I wouldn't want to know about those.

LaRoza
December 15th, 2007, 01:36 AM
No. It isn't mine until it is given to me, and I don't look at what I know to be other people's belongings.

Tundro Walker
December 15th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Look at it a different way... When you play a game, do you like to explore the mysteries on your own, or do you just buy the cheater's guide and let it take all the fun & challenge out of the game for you?

Actually, when we were kids, my brother, sister and I dig around in our parents' room to see what they got us for Christmas. We were really excited at that time, but by the time Christmas rolled around ... meh, not so much. Pretty much the worst Christmas I ever had, and it was my own fault.