PDA

View Full Version : RAV TUX RoadTrippy across the country: moving from Washington DC to Portland, Oregon

RAV TUX
December 14th, 2007, 06:42 AM
As of tonight I am unplugging my computer and packing it up, I am moving from Washington DC on the East Coast of the USA to Portland, Oregon on the West Coast of the USA.

While I had originally planned to take a Southern Route across the US, if the weather conditions persist in Oklahoma and Texas with Ice Storms I may take a Northern route.(perhaps go sking in Montana with a very good friend of mine)

I do plan to stop at some specific places along the way...Mammoth Caves in Kentucky, Hot Springs, Arkansas, The Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas, Santa Fe, New Mexico, The Grand Canyon and other places along the way.

While I have driven across the country before(many times) the record drive for me was 36 hours from Portland, Maine to Portland, Oregon.

This will be a much slower crawl about 2 weeks.

I had hoped to have a new website up in running for this;

http://roadtrippy.com/

If this does get up in time it will be a Multi-User WordPress website for people on a Road Trippy.

If it does not come up in time I will use:

http://ravtux.blogspot.com/

as a backup.

I will try to check in from time to time...here at ubuntuforums.org

Through a Verizon Broadband Access account and my wifes Fujitsu Lifebook T4210...

Perhaps even load videos on YouTube along the way:

http://www.youtube.com/RAVTUX

Departure day is this Monday at 10am EST from the University of Maryland - College Park campus after my wife completes her Quantum Chemistry final.

Wish me a Happy RoadTrippy and if anybody lives in the communities along the way perhaps we can have a impromptu UUG(Ubuntu Users Group) meet up.

RAV TUX

-grubby
December 14th, 2007, 06:44 AM
have a fun trip :)

dasunst3r
December 14th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Have fun and may God keep you safe during the trip!

FuturePilot
December 14th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun! Looking forward to seeing some stuff up on the website.

Have a very fun and safe RoadTrippy RAV TUX. ;)

RAV TUX
December 14th, 2007, 05:00 PM

Thanks I am really looking forward to this move!

Have fun and may God keep you safe during the trip!

Thank You for your well wishes and blessings, (and also with you).

Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun! Looking forward to seeing some stuff up on the website.

Have a very fun and safe RoadTrippy RAV TUX. ;)

Lets hope the Road Trippy websites gets up, if not check the alternate links.

...Thanks for the well wishes I hope to have a lot of fun.

n3tfury
December 14th, 2007, 05:06 PM
that's a good trip, just the wrong time of year ;) i just did the opposite move, but i did not move my stuff as i had to report to work 1 week after i left PHX. be safe.

mips
December 14th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Why are you moving?

smartboyathome
December 14th, 2007, 06:14 PM
May you have a safe and pleasant trip, RAV! And let me be the first to say "Welcome to the west coast of the USA!". :p

Lostincyberspace
December 14th, 2007, 06:17 PM
You should out Google ads one your site and make money from the clicks.

BDNiner
December 14th, 2007, 06:22 PM
That is crazy, i will be moving this summer also. Either to Baltimore, Chicago or back to Uganda. I have not decided. All i know is i am getting out of FL. even if i have to move to GA just to be out of FL.

lunaz
December 14th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Have a safe trip!

hkgonra
December 14th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Feel free to stop by Memphis on your way to Hot Springs.
It would be an honor to buy dinner for the infamous Rav Tux.

mips
December 14th, 2007, 10:31 PM
All i know is i am getting out of FL. even if i have to move to GA just to be out of FL.

Whats so bad about FL? All the pensioners?

RAV TUX
December 15th, 2007, 12:33 AM
that's a good trip, just the wrong time of year ;) i just did the opposite move, but i did not move my stuff as i had to report to work 1 week after i left PHX. be safe.

PDX you mean? Thanks for the well wishes.

Why are you moving?

mips, my wife and I are moving back home to Portland, Oregon both of our families live there. To not get too personal, my wife's family has had a series of tragic events and we are going specifically to help her Mom and younger siblings out. It will be nice to spend time with my parents and my brother also. Our plan is to stay and help her Mom until next fall and then move to Boulder, Colorado where my wife plans to get her PhD in Chemistry or we could stay in Portland. Time will tell.

May you have a safe and pleasant trip, RAV! And let me be the first to say "Welcome to the west coast of the USA!". :p

Thank you smartboyathome, I look forward to returning to the West Coast, I miss the mountains and my family.

You should out Google ads one your site and make money from the clicks.

This is a plan in the works at least for Road Trippy and Free Social but any proceeds would go to support and maintain CafeLinux.org Servers and bandwidth so we may continue to help out with Linux and Open Source projects.

That is crazy, i will be moving this summer also. Either to Baltimore, Chicago or back to Uganda. I have not decided. All i know is i am getting out of FL. even if i have to move to GA just to be out of FL.Florida is beautiful but I did get car jacked there and narrowly escaped death.

A lot of natural beauty there though and the wildlife is amazing.

Out of the cities listed Chicago would be my pick, awesome city.

Have a safe trip!

Thank you for the well wishes.

Feel free to stop by Memphis on your way to Hot Springs.
It would be an honor to buy dinner for the infamous Rav Tux.

Actually I may take you up on this, after we leave Mammoth Caves, Kentucky we will be driving through Nashville and Mephis on our way to Hot Springs.

My wife would love to stop in Mephis and take a river boat ride on the Mississippi River, we both would love some authentic Mephis Bar-B-Que. Email me at ravtux AT gmail DOT com. We will be passing through in the middle of the week if you know of River Boat Ride that operates mid-week and a place for Bar-B-Que.

It would be fun and make for a memorable experience.

I look forward to your email and we will discuss details.

some other cities/towns we will be passing through if the weather permits a Southern Route are, Cumberland Gap, TN; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Amarillo, Texas; Santa Fe & Albuquerque, New Mexico; Flagstaff, Arizona; Salt Lake City, Utah; Boise, Idaho; Pendleton, Oregon...

of course this is all weather depending...

I will keep all posted along the way

p_quarles
December 15th, 2007, 12:46 AM
RAV: It would be a shame to go to the Four Corners states without visiting some of the national parks. Not the greatest time of year, admittedly, but the Grand Canyon, Zion, Mesa Verde . . . all really incredible places.

Lord_Dicranius
December 15th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Have a safe trip and looking forward to seeing you at an Ubuntu Oregon LoCo install fest ;)

nikoPSK
December 15th, 2007, 01:09 AM
sounds fun and have a great trip. (I did the same thing from ottawa to here.)

hkgonra
December 15th, 2007, 01:23 AM
I can tell you this the whole drive between kentucky and memphis is imho the most beautiful part of the state.
I know most people like the mountains but my favorite scenery is the "hills" of the cumberland plateau.

I will do some checking on the riverboats for you.
As far as BBQ , there is so many to choose from it is hard to pick one.
With it being mid-week it may not be possible for me to get away, but I will be sure to point you in the right direction.

sloggerkhan
December 15th, 2007, 01:27 AM
I probably won't be anywhere near your route (Nor-Cal for the winter), so have a good trip.

n3tfury
December 15th, 2007, 01:36 AM
PDX you mean? Thanks for the well wishes.

no sir, Phoenix. i did live in OR for quite a number of years though. Portland's great.

sloggerkhan
December 15th, 2007, 01:38 AM
no sir, Phoenix. i did live in OR for quite a number of years though. Portland's great.

#ubuntu-us-az on irc.freenode.net --- the ubuntu arizona loco team.
Have you joined n3tfury?

LookTJ
December 15th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Please pray with your wife before you leave. Have a safe trip. May God be with you.

n3tfury
December 15th, 2007, 01:42 AM
#ubuntu-us-az on irc.freenode.net --- the ubuntu arizona loco team.
Have you joined n3tfury?

i would if i lived there still. read my previous post ;)

sloggerkhan
December 15th, 2007, 01:54 AM
i would if i lived there still. read my previous post ;)

oops, read the reverse of your move somehow.

n3tfury
December 15th, 2007, 01:57 AM
right now, i wish it was the reverse.

yabbadabbadont
December 15th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Hey Rav, how is the menagerie getting there? (Or will you and Mrs. Tux be sporting new "bunny" slippers this winter? ;))

-grubby
December 15th, 2007, 02:49 AM
(Or will you and Mrs. Tux be sporting new "bunny" slippers this winter? ;))

:lolflag:

Bruce M.
December 15th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Have a safe and pleasent trip RAV TUX.

RAV TUX
December 15th, 2007, 04:31 AM
RAV: It would be a shame to go to the Four Corners states without visiting some of the national parks. Not the greatest time of year, admittedly, but the Grand Canyon, Zion, Mesa Verde . . . all really incredible places.

We plan on visiting the Grand Canyon, Zion & Vermillion Cliffs...also the Petrified Forest.

We also want to visit the new Skywalk, if we do then we will probably spend a night in Vegas, then go up through Utah.

Have a safe trip and looking forward to seeing you at an Ubuntu Oregon LoCo install fest ;)

I look forward to being active in the local Portland Linux community.

Thanks for the well wishes.

I can tell you this the whole drive between kentucky and memphis is imho the most beautiful part of the state.
I know most people like the mountains but my favorite scenery is the "hills" of the cumberland plateau.

I will do some checking on the riverboats for you.
As far as BBQ , there is so many to choose from it is hard to pick one.
With it being mid-week it may not be possible for me to get away, but I will be sure to point you in the right direction.

That would be cool you could either post here or gmail me.

I probably won't be anywhere near your route (Nor-Cal for the winter), so have a good trip.

What part of Northern Cal?

I heard Phoenix is awesome also.

Please pray with your wife before you leave. Have a safe trip. May God be with you.

Thank you and also with you, we may be praying the whole way if the weather is bad. ;)

Hey Rav, how is the menagerie getting there? (Or will you and Mrs. Tux be sporting new "bunny" slippers this winter? ;))

We flew all four bunnies out 2 weeks ago on Delta Airlines, their live animal care is simple amazing.

They are staying at my Mother-in-Laws living room and the kids love them. The bunnies love the extra attention.
We mailed our Fish out on Wednesday and they arrived on Thursday.

RAV TUX
December 15th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Have a safe and pleasent trip RAV TUX.

Thanks Bruce...I appreciate it.

BDNiner
December 15th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Florida is beautiful but I did get car jacked there and narrowly escaped death.

A lot of natural beauty there though and the wildlife is amazing.

Out of the cities listed Chicago would be my pick, awesome city.

Yeah FL is amazing place, just to visit though. Living here is a different story though. Like you experienced, it can be very dangerous. Nothing like living across the street from a crack house. Chicago though is amazing. I lived there for a couple years after college, and have been planing to move back ever since i left. But the Baltimore/ D.C. area is great also. Plus 2 of the biggest healthcare IT firms are based in that area and that is the field that i work in now.

Good luck on your trip, i have always wanted to drive across country.

RAV TUX
December 15th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Yeah FL is amazing place, just to visit though. Living here is a different story though. Like you experienced, it can be very dangerous. Nothing like living across the street from a crack house. Chicago though is amazing. I lived there for a couple years after college, and have been planing to move back ever since i left. But the Baltimore/ D.C. area is great also. Plus 2 of the biggest healthcare IT firms are based in that area and that is the field that i work in now.

Good luck on your trip, i have always wanted to drive across country.

The Baltimore/DC area is very nice, the only reason it doesn't make my list of where I would like to live is because I have been living in the area for 7 years.

I wish you good fortune no matter where you end up.

I used to live in Anna Maria, Florida on Anna Maria Island it was honest to goodness living in paradise.

I have taken many treks across the country, from very fast ones like the one I did in 36 hours from Portland, Maine to Portland, Oregon. The most memorable drive for me was from Houston, Texas to Juneau, Alaska...well actually to Prince Rupert, British Columbia where I caught a 24 hour ferry ride on the Alaska Marine State Ferry to Juneau, Alaska, which is one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

A word of advice, before you go to Alaska, go everywhere else first. Why?...because once you get to Alaska the beauty is so overwhelming it just ruins it for everywhere else.

FuturePilot
December 15th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Interesting, I'll actually be taking a trip to the DC area next weekend.

RAV TUX
December 15th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Interesting, I'll actually be taking a trip to the DC area next weekend.looks like I will miss you by one week.

RAV TUX
December 18th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I made my first post on the journey:

Enjoy, and look for more to come. ;)

FuturePilot
December 18th, 2007, 05:54 PM

That was a good read. Looking forward to more ;)

Lord_Dicranius
December 18th, 2007, 05:57 PM

Good stuff! Eagerly awaiting more :)

PmDematagoda
December 18th, 2007, 06:12 PM
You are certainly making the move expensive RAV TUX:D, look at the things you bought:-

1) A Bluetooth hands-free

2) An external HDD

3) Speakers

4) A plug adapter

5) A Handy-Cam

But anyway, I guess that makes the move more interesting.

I wish to extend my sincere blessings and wishes(I realise that they are late, and I apologise) for you and your wife to have a good and safe move.

mmb1
December 18th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I wish you well, and you mentioned that you may stop at Mammoth Cave? I live in Kentucky and can tell you it's a truly unique experience.

Best of Luck!

hkgonra
December 18th, 2007, 07:16 PM
I am not sure if you got my e-mail or not but here it is just in case the spam filter grabbed it. I sent it yesterday morning.

Here is the info on the riverboat.
http://www.memphisriverboats.net/cruises/sightseeing.html

For BBQ, most people would say The Rendezvous
http://www.hogsfly.com/

It is probably the most famous but imho Neely's is better.
http://www.neelysbbq.com/home.htm

Most people want to see Graceland
http://www.elvis.com/graceland/

It is pretty neat but I will say,
DO NOT do it at night.
It is in one of the roughest parts of town.

Hopefully your trip between KY , and Memphis is during the day, like I said , it is SO beautiful through there.

Tristam Green
December 18th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Have a good trip RAV :) Shame I'm in South Carolina and not en route for you; it'd be cool to schmooze with a fellow forum user :)

God be with you and yours during the trip and during the cold weather you'll likely encounter!

sailor2001
December 18th, 2007, 08:47 PM
don't understand why you didn't post your travels ahead of time and ask for places to stay ala globalfreeloaders.com...... I would have been happy to put up with your nonsense for a night or two.

RAV TUX
December 20th, 2007, 07:54 AM
That was a good read. Looking forward to more ;)

Good stuff! Eagerly awaiting more :)

My apologies for not making a post in a couple of days but no broadband or cell phone access for that matter at Mammoth Caves National Park last night, and I rolled in Hot Springs National Park(Arkansas) rather late due to heavy fog. 12:41pm now and soon off to bed.

You are certainly making the move expensive RAV TUX:D, look at the things you bought:-

1) A Bluetooth hands-free

2) An external HDD

3) Speakers

4) A plug adapter

5) A Handy-Cam

But anyway, I guess that makes the move more interesting.

I wish to extend my sincere blessings and wishes(I realise that they are late, and I apologise) for you and your wife to have a good and safe move.

Don't forget a Verizon Broaband Access account(but with a 30 day trial).

Thanks for the well wishes!

I wish you well, and you mentioned that you may stop at Mammoth Cave? I live in Kentucky and can tell you it's a truly unique experience.

Best of Luck!Mammoth Caves is fascinating and very unique!

We took the historic tour and saw The Frozen Niagara.

Kentucky overall is a very beautiful state, a lesser known gem of a state and the people are the friendliest you could meet.

I am not sure if you got my e-mail or not but here it is just in case the spam filter grabbed it. I sent it yesterday morning.

Here is the info on the riverboat.
http://www.memphisriverboats.net/cruises/sightseeing.html

For BBQ, most people would say The Rendezvous
http://www.hogsfly.com/

It is probably the most famous but imho Neely's is better.
http://www.neelysbbq.com/home.htm

Most people want to see Graceland
http://www.elvis.com/graceland/

It is pretty neat but I will say,
DO NOT do it at night.
It is in one of the roughest parts of town.

Hopefully your trip between KY , and Memphis is during the day, like I said , it is SO beautiful through there.

I got your email and Thank You, we took your advice and stopped at Neely's in Nashville for lunch, best Bar-B-Que I have had in a long time!

Neely's is world class Bar-B-Que done right.

Have a good trip RAV :) Shame I'm in South Carolina and not en route for you; it'd be cool to schmooze with a fellow forum user :)

God be with you and yours during the trip and during the cold weather you'll likely encounter!

So far we have been blessed with unseasonably warm weather and sunny days...no problems until we hit I-30 between Little Rock & Hot Springs, the fog is thick as pea soup.

don't understand why you didn't post your travels ahead of time and ask for places to stay ala globalfreeloaders.com...... I would have been happy to put up with your nonsense for a night or two.Never heard of globalfreeloaders but I have a ways to go...now in Hot Springs, Arkansas...next stop Amarillo, Texas then Santa Fe, New Mexico.(perhaps stop in Oklahoma)

I will try to post on the blog tomorrow morning, and try to load some videos on YouTube as well as publish pictures.

mmb1
December 20th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I know, I live here!

yabbadabbadont
December 20th, 2007, 08:03 AM
/me waves towards the South from the Ozarks. (of Missouri)

Keep an eye on the weather in Western OK. There is another storm brewing. It's supposed to hit here on Saturday, so hopefully, you will have driven through it before it gets bad.

hhhhhx
December 20th, 2007, 08:06 AM
have fun RAV:guitar:

TeraDyne
December 20th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Never heard of globalfreeloaders but I have a ways to go...now in Hot Springs, Arkansas...next stop Amarillo, Texas then Santa Fe, New Mexico.(perhaps stop in Oklahoma)

I live in Fort Smith, AR, so you're not that far from me. I hope you enjoy the Arkansas scenery while you're here.

RAV TUX
December 20th, 2007, 05:18 PM
/me waves towards the South from the Ozarks. (of Missouri)

Keep an eye on the weather in Western OK. There is another storm brewing. It's supposed to hit here on Saturday, so hopefully, you will have driven through it before it gets bad.I hope to make it to Santa Fe , I think Santa Fe would be a great place to ride the storm out

I know, I live here!

;)

have fun RAV:guitar:

Thanks. ;)

btw what do the Thanks buttons do on the forum?

I live in Fort Smith, AR, so you're not that far from me. I hope you enjoy the Arkansas scenery while you're here.

Staying at The Arlington Historic Hotel in Hot Springs, we are getting ready to go dig for diamonds at the Crater of Diamonds State Park, wish us luck!

Depending on the weather and travel plans which we make up along the way we might be heading through Fort Smith, unless we cut over to Oklahoma and take the Indian Nation Turnpike(Toll) but I would rather travel through the Ozarks.

OK, If I can figure out how to load YouTubes I will post some YouTubes.

http://youtube.com/RAVTUX/

Bartender
December 20th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Hey, RAV, are you going to detour all the way around to the South Rim at Grand Canyon? I believe the North Rim access will be closed by now.

BDNiner
December 20th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Whats so bad about FL? All the pensioners?

It is great place to come on vacation, but living here is another story. Everyone is old, once a year the snow birds come down and show us that they can't drive. Especially Canadians, they must not have driving laws up there. it rains all summer long and it is downpours, everyday around 3, you can almost set your watch buy it. The constant treat of hurricanes and tornadoes. and having to learn Spanish. That one gets me the most, i know enough to get around but when someone won't speak english with you even though they know english can get very frustrating.

TeraDyne
December 20th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Depending on the weather and travel plans which we make up along the way we might be heading through Fort Smith, unless we cut over to Oklahoma and take the Indian Nation Turnpike(Toll) but I would rather travel through the Ozarks.

The scenic route through there is usually beautiful.

If you have to stop in Fort Smith, just be careful when on Rogers AV, Garrison AV, or Towson AV\Zero ST. They are the three main roads through the city, AND they're the roads with the most places to shop. Traffic tends to be extremely heavy this time of year, and we have a lot of idiots on the road who think that speed limits don't apply to them.

If you want somewhere good to eat here, though, I suggest Bob and Ellie's Drive-In (http://tinyurl.com/39j6tb) (which really isn't a drive-in anymore, but a restaurant) or Eunice's Country Cooking (http://tinyurl.com/32rnuo) (which ONLY serves lunch). Both have excellent food, and they give you quite a bit of it. The meals are worth the money you pay.

RAV TUX
December 22nd, 2007, 04:23 AM
I hope to make it to Santa Fe , I think Santa Fe would be a great place to ride the storm out

Made it into Santa Fe about 3pm, arrived the same time the snow did, staying 3 nights in Santa Fe and leaving Monday.

Hey, RAV, are you going to detour all the way around to the South Rim at Grand Canyon? I believe the North Rim access will be closed by now.Thats the plan South Rim to the Sky Bridge, to Vegas then to Salt Lake City.

The scenic route through there is usually beautiful.

If you have to stop in Fort Smith, just be careful when on Rogers AV, Garrison AV, or Towson AV\Zero ST. They are the three main roads through the city, AND they're the roads with the most places to shop. Traffic tends to be extremely heavy this time of year, and we have a lot of idiots on the road who think that speed limits don't apply to them.

If you want somewhere good to eat here, though, I suggest Bob and Ellie's Drive-In (http://tinyurl.com/39j6tb) (which really isn't a drive-in anymore, but a restaurant) or Eunice's Country Cooking (http://tinyurl.com/32rnuo) (which ONLY serves lunch). Both have excellent food, and they give you quite a bit of it. The meals are worth the money you pay.Thanks for the tips after about a half an hour at the Crater of Diamonds we left and drove through De Queen to Oklahoma, we didn't stop until Amarillo, Texas via I-40.

We then took a straight shot to Santa Fe, timing was perfect as we literally arrived from the East as the snow arrived from the West.

Santa Fe is enchanting and magical in the snow.

Linuxratty
December 22nd, 2007, 04:57 AM

We look forward to lots of scenic pictures...Sunsets and stuff.
:popcorn:

RAV TUX
December 22nd, 2007, 05:22 AM
We look forward to lots of scenic pictures...Sunsets and stuff.
:popcorn:OK, I just made a very short but new post to the blog and I have uploaded a YouTube and embedded it on the blog...

Enjoy....more to come soon

Lostincyberspace
December 22nd, 2007, 05:29 AM
Wow that is a lot like what i thought you would look.

RAV TUX
December 22nd, 2007, 05:34 AM
Wow that is a lot like what i thought you would look.Really?...thats very interesting, I hope that is a good thing. ;)

Lostincyberspace
December 22nd, 2007, 05:43 AM
Well it just is. Not bad or good just is.

RAV TUX
December 22nd, 2007, 05:48 AM
Well it just is. Not bad or good just is.LOL,...thats just what I thought your response would be. ;)

Lostincyberspace
December 22nd, 2007, 05:50 AM
good

RAV TUX
December 26th, 2007, 06:30 PM
In Tucson, Arizona at the moment. ;)

bonzodog
December 26th, 2007, 07:13 PM
heh...cool. I always wondered what you look like. Good luck with the trip, man.

nikoPSK
December 26th, 2007, 07:29 PM
OK, I just made a very short but new post to the blog and I have uploaded a YouTube and embedded it on the blog...

Enjoy....more to come soon

bwahaha! Wonderful! A bit muffled but great backdrop. Hope you have lots of fun as times pass.

yabbadabbadont
December 28th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Keep the beard, mustache, get a crew cut, and I would swear that you were a friend of mine that I've known for years. Strangely enough, he and his family live in Portland... :lol:

Lostincyberspace
December 28th, 2007, 12:23 AM
RAV, Have you made it there yet

forrestcupp
December 28th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Keep the beard, mustache, get a crew cut, and I would swear that you were a friend of mine that I've known for years. Strangely enough, he and his family live in Portland... :lol:

Is his name Josef? There has been speculation that RAV TUX is a time traveler. Maybe you are actually living in the future and later on after RAV has been in Portland for a while, he will get a crew cut.

yabbadabbadont
December 30th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Is his name Josef? There has been speculation that RAV TUX is a time traveler. Maybe you are actually living in the future and later on after RAV has been in Portland for a while, he will get a crew cut.

Unless Rav changes his name, and converts to Catholicism, it's not likely... ;)

webdr
January 9th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I live in Hot Springs, UUG extended.

RAV TUX
January 9th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Just an update, I arrived in Oregon last week.

I currently live in the West Hills of Portland.

Spending a lot of time getting settled in and looking for a job. I have also spent a lot of time with my Brother down in Eugene.

Very, very busy but I will try to stop by more often.

Jozef

RAV TUX
February 11th, 2008, 12:44 PM
OK, I have uploaded two new videos from Pinnacle Point at Cumberland Gap...

Enjoy!

RAV TUX

RAV TUX
February 11th, 2008, 01:58 PM
One more video posted to my blog before I go to sleep, this one is from Hot Springs, Arkansas at The Arlington Hotel...

RAV

nikoPSK
February 11th, 2008, 07:44 PM
One more video posted to my blog before I go to sleep, this one is from Hot Springs, Arkansas at The Arlington Hotel...

RAV

I've been there!

RAV TUX
February 13th, 2008, 06:13 AM
I've been there!Really!...When were you there?

...and did you stay at The Arlington also?

(I will try and load some more videos soon)

nikoPSK
February 13th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Really!...When were you there?

...and did you stay at The Arlington also?

(I will try and load some more videos soon)

it was christmas and they had a parade. :lol:

Atomic Dog
February 13th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Good luck finding a good meat kinish or potato latkes that resemble anything you can find on the east coast. I gave up hope years ago.

FuturePilot
February 13th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Nice videos RAV ;)
Sounded like a fun trip :)