PDA

View Full Version : GNOME - Evolution calendar integration question

PartisanEntity
December 13th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Is it possible, when viweing the calendar (drop down from the panel) to have the entries for 'tasks', 'appointments' etc.. open by default (instead of opening them manually every time) and perhaps listing entries for the whole week?

Here is a screenshot I found on the net (im at the office and using windows).

daengbo
December 13th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Are you saying that your calendar drop down has appointments closed by default? Once I open mine, then stay open when I look at the calendar again. Do yours close in between?

I don't believe there's a way to change the daily view to a weekly view (and I don't think there's space, anyway), but you can click on various days to get the appointments. Sorry about the bad news on that one.

PartisanEntity
December 14th, 2007, 12:40 PM
I just checked, and the appointments and tasks remain open, so all is cool there.

But yes, I would like the calendar to show me all appointments, notes and tasks for the entire week if possible?

Anyone else know?

byoon
December 17th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I'm running Gutsy and am connected to a Groupwise Server for email and calendar. The gnome-panel calendar dropdown bolds the days that I have appointments, but it doesn't show me any descriptions of the appointments below the calendar. Any ideas?

PartisanEntity
December 17th, 2007, 11:36 PM
So even if you click on a day where you have appointments or tasks it doesn't show you them?

Mateo
December 17th, 2007, 11:42 PM
if you click on the day it will show you tasks for that day.

PartisanEntity
December 18th, 2007, 10:32 AM
if you click on the day it will show you tasks for that day.

Yes we know that.

I want tasks and appointments to be shown for the entire current week. That was the question in this thread.

argie
December 18th, 2007, 12:00 PM
I was wondering if this could be done too. Perhaps some way you could click on the week number and get appointments and tasks for the whole week.

byoon
January 15th, 2008, 09:21 PM
So even if you click on a day where you have appointments or tasks it doesn't show you them?

Correct. Even when I click on a day where I have appointments, it doesn't show them.

Here is some additional information:

1) If I make appointments in my personal calendar or if I subscribe to an online calendar, the appointment list shows up.

2) The days with Groupwise appointments are in bold, indicating it recognizes that the day does contain appointments, but the appointment list doesn't show up for my Groupwise appointments.

3) When I open Evolution and go to the calendar, my Groupwise calendar is checked and enabled and all the appointments show up in Evolution, just not in the clock/calendar panel applet.

4) Groupwise tasks do show up in the clock/calendar panel applet.

Any ideas?

brimlar
May 2nd, 2008, 01:53 PM
Correct. Even when I click on a day where I have appointments, it doesn't show them.

Here is some additional information:

1) If I make appointments in my personal calendar or if I subscribe to an online calendar, the appointment list shows up.

2) The days with Groupwise appointments are in bold, indicating it recognizes that the day does contain appointments, but the appointment list doesn't show up for my Groupwise appointments.

3) When I open Evolution and go to the calendar, my Groupwise calendar is checked and enabled and all the appointments show up in Evolution, just not in the clock/calendar panel applet.

4) Groupwise tasks do show up in the clock/calendar panel applet.

Any ideas?

I actually opened a bug about this a few days ago. It's broken, and has been broken since 7.10. I remember it working with 7.04 or 6.10 (can't remember which), but it's been some time.

The description of the bug is here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/224188

I encourage you to add your info to the posting so it attracts more attention. I'm surprised others haven't noticed the lack of an Appointments field there, to me it's quite an annoyance.