PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] I need someone with a windows machine or dual boot to help me

siciliancasanova
December 13th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Hey guys, ok some of you saw my culture lounge post last night and unfortunately I switched completely over to Linux without first converting my three indesign files for issue 1,2, and 3 to pdfs for download on our website. I've done issue 4 in Ubuntu but there is absolutely nothing I can do about this .indd file for issue 3. I have issue 4 almost ready to go but it would look a little odd if we released 1, 2, 4, and then 3.

So what I'm asking is if anyone has a dual boot set up or a windows machine if you could download the trial version of indesign and I will send you the indesign file and you can just open it and then in the menu there is an option to convert it to a .pdf it would be very much appreciated.

I have some friends on msn right now but they won't have a clue what I'm talking about.

If anyone can help out that would be great, thanks.

gwbennett
December 13th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Well, I don't use Windows per se, but I have a virtual machine I could use to boot into virtual Windows XP if that would help. Or you could rather easily put a virtual machine on your Ubuntu installation with VirtualBox. Very simple to do as long as you have some Windows installation media and a CD key around.

siciliancasanova
December 13th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Yeah I installed virtualbox earlier in case this ever happens again. (reads forum rules) vista will be here, ahem, in the mail in approximately 2 - 3 days.

I actually got on ubuntu IRC and someone is helping me out already. I suppose I should mark this as solved.

thanks