PDA

View Full Version : Looking for visual artists, thinkers, writers, activists

siciliancasanova
December 12th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Hey everyone, about a year and a half ago myself and a friend started a magazine called "Culture Lounge". Our magazine is now online only and we are looking for individuals who would be interested in a project in their spare time that runs on the basis of creativity.

Maybe this is spam? I don't know, we don't make any money from this. We just do it for fun. In house already we have a philosophy, visual arts, politics, and financial editor. We are looking for anyone who can bring something creative to the table.

You don't have to do anything if you don't want to but if you would like to be a part of it or just hang out for a while and feel it out I will set you up on our site as a contributor and when you log in you can submit an article if you like. If you have any artwork, writings, thoughts, send them my way to be reviewed. Now that we're online only and have unlimited pages we really have room to put as much in as we want.

Our site is http://cultureloungeonline.com

RAV TUX
December 12th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Hey everyone, about a year and a half ago myself and a friend started a magazine called "Culture Lounge". Our magazine is now online only and we are looking for individuals who would be interested in a project in their spare time that runs on the basis of creativity.

Maybe this is spam? I don't know, we don't make any money from this. We just do it for fun. In house already we have a philosophy, visual arts, politics, and financial editor. We are looking for anyone who can bring something creative to the table.

You don't have to do anything if you don't want to but if you would like to be a part of it or just hang out for a while and feel it out I will set you up on our site as a contributor and when you log in you can submit an article if you like. If you have any artwork, writings, thoughts, send them my way to be reviewed. Now that we're online only and have unlimited pages we really have room to put as much in as we want.

Our site is http://cultureloungeonline.com

I have to say that I like your online magazine a lot, I look forward to seeing more content.

It is a great start and I like what you have done in setting up a Drupal Website.

I like your T-Shirts, great art work...I would actually buy one or more if they were available in carbon-like copies (Black Shirt, with the drawings and quotes in white).

I would love to contribute but have little or no time, unless you wanted to do sporadic random mad ramblings from RAV TUX articles. ;)

Awesome online magazine!

siciliancasanova
December 12th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks for your kind words, it means a lot.

The t-shirts are the biggest pain because naturally you want people to be happy with what they get so each png we upload to goodstorm is at minimum 50mb and the company only allows one upload at a time. So for example, if I wanted to put up new designs right now, with quotes on the back, I would have to dedicate at least 12 hours straight to get it done.

But I won't dog on goodstorm, they are a great company to work with. We are having so much more success with them over Cafepress when we first started.

Thanks again for your words and if you ever do find time, make sure you let us know!

sloggerkhan
December 12th, 2007, 10:10 AM
if you click through the list, the are white drawing on black shirts.

RAV TUX
December 12th, 2007, 10:16 AM
if you click through the list, the are white drawing on black shirts.
You are right I didn't search far enough, looks like I may be buying a cool new T-shirt. :)

These are very cool I like the black T-Shirts!

RAV TUX
December 12th, 2007, 10:30 AM
One thing I tried to register as RAV TUX on the website and have yet to recieve my password to ravtux AT cafelinux DOT org

If you could make sure my registration is activated and email me a password that would be great.

btw I like the music, especially: "Like a Wolf with Rotten Teeth" by The Scarecrow Frequency

"Like a Wolf With Rotten Teeth""Like a Wolf With Rotten Teeth"Like a Wolf With Rotten Teeth""

siciliancasanova
December 12th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Yeah we're trying to get more into the music as much as we can. The other main guy with me, he does all the in house visual arts and I do the literature and philosophy. Most of the other guys do politics and philosophy. We all love music, but it's more of a hobby than a passion so we are kind of forcing ourselves now to get more involved in music.

I think the biggest band we've interviewed was Two Gallants, that's in issue 3 which I need to convert to a pdf still. We are doing a video interview with Rachel Leah sometime next week. Off the top of my head her myspace is http://myspace.com/rlcsounds

Thanks for the notification on the registration, I will fix that right now. For some reason drupal tends to send verification codes to spam. If you want to re-register, I will delete your user name and set it so there is no verification.

RAV TUX
December 12th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah we're trying to get more into the music as much as we can. The other main guy with me, he does all the in house visual arts and I do the literature and philosophy. Most of the other guys do politics and philosophy. We all love music, but it's more of a hobby than a passion so we are kind of forcing ourselves now to get more involved in music.

I think the biggest band we've interviewed was Two Gallants, that's in issue 3 which I need to convert to a pdf still. We are doing a video interview with Rachel Leah sometime next week. Off the top of my head her myspace is http://myspace.com/rlcsounds

Thanks for the notification on the registration, I will fix that right now. For some reason drupal tends to send verification codes to spam. If you want to re-register, I will delete your user name and set it so there is no verification.

cool I will try to re-register also that Rachel Leah is pretty awesome!

xyz
December 12th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Great site/ideas! I registered.
PS: Do you need/want more music?

siciliancasanova
December 12th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Great site/ideas! I registered.
PS: Do you need/want more music?

We will always take more content, especially if it's music. Do you have a place on the web where I can check it out at?

Locutux
December 12th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Interesting stuff.

Check out Nanohex (http://myspace.com/nanohex) from Macedonia.

xyz
December 12th, 2007, 12:28 PM
We will always take more content, especially if it's music. Do you have a place on the web where I can check it out at?

If you care to, click on "JAMENDO" in my sig. Besides you may find other stuff of interest to you on Jamendo.

siciliancasanova
December 12th, 2007, 09:56 PM
If you care to, click on "JAMENDO" in my sig. Besides you may find other stuff of interest to you on Jamendo.

Alright I will check it out