PDA

View Full Version : I hate Verizon Online DSL

perlluver
December 12th, 2007, 03:46 AM
:mad: There service is crap, and there modem goes out every couple of weeks, they say they don't know what is wrong, but everyone else does, these dinky a** Model 6100 modems overheat. They say we will send out a service technician, woopty doo, I will have fixed before they get out. On top of all that they don't support Linux, and I also believe they don't support Mac. I see a Microsoft nightmare here. They need to get better modems. Anyway end rant. :mad:

n3tfury
December 12th, 2007, 03:49 AM
go buy your own? not sure why they need to support an OS unless you're talking about their wireless cards?

p_quarles
December 12th, 2007, 03:57 AM
go buy your own? not sure why they need to support an OS unless you're talking about their wireless cards?
Simple: because the employees don't know anything. They just read step-by-step scripts to you that tell you how to configure your network with specific OSes. I learned this when I once made the mistake of mentioning the OS I was using to a rep.

I second the suggestion to get a new modem. Relying on a telco do anything for you is kind of wishful thinking.

jflaker
December 12th, 2007, 04:05 AM
The basic modem is the Westel 6100 for the single computer, non-wireless installation (The AVERAGE consumer installation)

Verizon has a wireless modem/router solution for their DSL service which is flawless from what I understand. You need to push them for the setup and it costs $$.....so much better than the Westel headaches. I believe it is still Westel, but it is a Westel Versalink router/wireless AP.

You need to call them and DEMAND second level support as you are going to be asking advanced network question that you doubt they can answer.......If all else fails, contact the CEO like I did.......
Email:Ivan.Seidenberg@verizon.com
Ivan Seidenberg is the Verizon CEO who has made much of our misery possible. Thankfully we have acquired his corporate address for those of you who would like express your feelings directly to him:

Ivan Seidenberg
CEO
Verizon Communications
140 West Street
New York, NY 10007
We have also managed to confirm his correct email address. Many people who have had issues that seemed impossible address have written him with positive results:

Ivan.Seidenberg@verizon.com and Ivan.Seidenberg@core.verizon.com

If you wish to call their national corporate headquarters, you may do so at:

Phone: (212) 395-1000
Fax: (212) 869-3265
(sourced from http://www.verizonpathetic.com/faqinfo.html

perlluver
December 12th, 2007, 04:25 AM
The basic modem is the Westel 6100 for the single computer, non-wireless installation (The AVERAGE consumer installation)

Verizon has a wireless modem/router solution for their DSL service which is flawless from what I understand. You need to push them for the setup and it costs $$.....so much better than the Westel headaches. I believe it is still Westel, but it is a Westel Versalink router/wireless AP.

You need to call them and DEMAND second level support as you are going to be asking advanced network question that you doubt they can answer.......If all else fails, contact the CEO like I did.......
Email:Ivan.Seidenberg@verizon.com
Ivan Seidenberg is the Verizon CEO who has made much of our misery possible. Thankfully we have acquired his corporate address for those of you who would like express your feelings directly to him:

Ivan Seidenberg
CEO
Verizon Communications
140 West Street
New York, NY 10007
We have also managed to confirm his correct email address. Many people who have had issues that seemed impossible address have written him with positive results:

Ivan.Seidenberg@verizon.com and Ivan.Seidenberg@core.verizon.com

If you wish to call their national corporate headquarters, you may do so at:

Phone: (212) 395-1000
Fax: (212) 869-3265
(sourced from http://www.verizonpathetic.com/faqinfo.html

Thank you, I sent an e-mail and requested the Versalink. Many thanks.