PDA

View Full Version : My critical view of Linux

hotweiss
December 12th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Yesterday I wrote a Kubuntu review that only boasted its' great features, but failed to mention any negative aspects. As promised here's a critical review of Linux:

http://seethisnowreadthis.blogspot.com/2007/12/ok-so-linux-isnt-pefect.html

-grubby
December 12th, 2007, 03:03 AM
great job without the sugar-coated ubuntu review :D

BLTicklemonster
December 12th, 2007, 03:21 AM
I'm glad to see that you got your printer set up without touching one button. I have an HP Deskjet 720C, which is supported, and the danged thing hasn't worked one time.

Great blog entry, though.

~LoKe
December 12th, 2007, 03:25 AM
You're using way too many apostrophes where they don't belong. Didn't really read it, though, just scanned.

TeraDyne
December 12th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Commas and spelling\grammar checks are your friends. I don't see anything wrong with it from a fact standpoint, and that's always a plus. I enjoyed reading it.

I hope you eventually get your scanner working. If you ever need a new one, though, I suggest you get somethign from HP. From my experience, the majority of their scanners work perfectly in Linux.

hotweiss
December 12th, 2007, 04:44 AM
Commas and spelling\grammar checks are your friends. I don't see anything wrong with it from a fact standpoint, and that's always a plus. I enjoyed reading it.

I hope you eventually get your scanner working. If you ever need a new one, though, I suggest you get somethign from HP. From my experience, the majority of their scanners work perfectly in Linux.

Yes, I have a Canon LIDE 70, it's a great scanner. The best thing about it is that it doesn't need an AC adapter. I'm patiently waiting for a fix.

PS-thanks for the comments