PDA

View Full Version : Free Music Site?

unkemptwolf
September 9th, 2005, 03:59 AM
Does anyone know of a site that offers free music (of any genre, the more the merrier). I'm talking both free as in price, and free as in freedom. I'm looking for the ability to add this music to another work (a video, say) and redistribute it without legal issues (I would give credit to the artist in the credits section of course). I'm not really looking for popular music, just some free, free distributable music that wouldn't mind being included in some videos. Thanks in advance.

aysiu
September 9th, 2005, 04:04 AM
Does this help?

http://www.goingware.com/tips/legal-downloads.html#websites

skoal
September 9th, 2005, 04:07 AM
baidu?

\\//_

unkemptwolf
September 9th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Yes! Exactally what I was looking for! I tried finding something like this on google, but it just kept bringing up file swapping network and DRM files. Thanks so much!

bored2k
September 9th, 2005, 04:41 AM
www.last.fm
Last.fm radio > all

weasel fierce
September 9th, 2005, 07:10 AM
garageband.com is a fantastic site. Found tons of good metal tracks there

GreyFox503
September 9th, 2005, 08:25 AM
This is kind of limited in scope, but ocremix.org is a site that remixes music from many video games for you to download. Their stuff makes for really good background music.

Donshyoku
September 9th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I signed up for Lastfm, thanks for the link! But is says I need to install a few things, I haved them DLed, but not sure how to install them. Can anyone help? I don't have much practice outside of apt and .deb files.

majikstreet
September 10th, 2005, 12:23 AM
tar.gz files?

xequence
September 10th, 2005, 01:29 AM
As someone said, garageband is really good. There is a big selection of free indie music.