PDA

View Full Version : Bragging

Krextyl
December 10th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Ok just so excited had to make a post, my linux machine had been pretty much a play box up until about a year ago, primarily because its so efficient It didn't require much unlike the resource windows hog I was use to, but as of this week I finally got a sweet respectable upgrade for my ubuntu I went from a 15" CRT to a 22" widescreen YIPEEE!!!

:popcorn:

Krextyl
December 10th, 2007, 12:59 AM
LCD... of course

~LoKe
December 10th, 2007, 01:03 AM
22". nice! I went from a 19" (17 viewing) CRT to dual 19" LCD's.

Sweet.

Krextyl
December 10th, 2007, 01:10 AM
It was a gift I had mentioned wanting and got it. I had thought about the dual screens but didn't like the idea of a bar down the middle of my screen (the two monitor housing edges) so I opted for just one larger monitor for the price of the two smaller, granted the real estate is still less. How does the duals seem to treat ya?

~LoKe
December 10th, 2007, 01:14 AM
It was a gift I had mentioned wanting and got it. I had thought about the dual screens but didn't like the idea of a bar down the middle of my screen (the two monitor housing edges) so I opted for just one larger monitor for the price of the two smaller, granted the real estate is still less. How does the duals seem to treat ya?

It's doing well, and for two years it was plenty. But now that I'm used to it...well...I can honestly say that I'd prefer one large monitor. However, I might be wrong in that once I actually get one. ;)

fedex1993
December 10th, 2007, 02:49 AM
It's doing well, and for two years it was plenty. But now that I'm used to it...well...I can honestly say that I'd prefer one large monitor. However, I might be wrong in that once I actually get one. ;)

well istn there away where you can just have one big whole bar that goes across both monitors or cant you just have like the bar on one monitor. I hope that i can do both or my buy into buying dual monitors isnt going to be worth it >_>.

Lostincyberspace
December 10th, 2007, 02:52 AM
You can get ones that are set up to act as one and dont have really visible line in there.

D-EJ915
December 10th, 2007, 02:55 AM
2x smaller vs 1x large is an interesting thing.

It completely depends on what you're doing as to what would suit you better. My left monitor always has something maximized and the right monitor has my other stuff, for me this setup is ideal, if I had one big monitor it would make it harder for me to work.

I could go for 2x 1600x1200s though, ooh...that would be nice.

ericesque
December 10th, 2007, 02:59 AM
yeah, I got dual monitor envy when I saw my brother in law running a 22" wide as his primary and a 19" off to the side displaying IM, Foobar, and uTorrent.

I'm sitting here with a 17"... time to upgrade?

uwishurockedthishxc
December 10th, 2007, 03:09 AM
i have a 22 incher as well. i love it.

baxterdog
December 10th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Gotta get this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254026

Lostincyberspace
December 10th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Can you set up a dual moniter to rotate the virtual desktops. So you are veiwing like 1 and 2 or 2 and 3. I haven't been able to try

Linuxratty
December 10th, 2007, 03:49 AM
I ordered two of these today for my black Linux box.:twisted:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146571

Krextyl
December 11th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Gotta get this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254026

it'ndt there a point at which it's to LARGE!?? seems like that would be so huge close up as a desktop your chair would have to be so far back otherwise your eyes would be panning all over the place, man that gives me a headache thinking about it. Talk about problems to have hun.... #-o