PDA

View Full Version : Simple queries regarding Breezy

Ride Jib
September 8th, 2005, 07:27 PM
I want to do a dist-upgrade. I have read many places that Breezy is still unstable (obviously since it is not released). What I want to know is, what is making it unstable? If I install is, will I have problems running the few applications that I use (gaim, OOo, firefox w/ flash).

Appreciate any insight..

az
September 8th, 2005, 08:31 PM
It is a moving target. As pakcages are changed and bugs are fixed, other may crop up.

If you have no important data to lose, and you are interested in identifying bugs for others to fix, then you can upgrade to breezy and play around with it.

It happens to run perfectly fine on my machines.

You can always create a small (3 gig) partition on your hard drive and install it there. You can dual or triple boot while you try it out.

Ride Jib
September 8th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks, azz.

I am currently upgrading. I think I should be fine for the most part. I really just use the laptop for browsing the web, and occassionally a homework assignment in OOo. All my programming gets done on campus (as there is more moral support there, haha).

occy8
September 9th, 2005, 03:44 AM
Thanks, azz.

I am currently upgrading. I think I should be fine for the most part. I really just use the laptop for browsing the web, and occassionally a homework assignment in OOo. All my programming gets done on campus (as there is more moral support there, haha).

hehehe the badger ate my homework