PDA

View Full Version : this is interesting . . .

Patrick-Ruff
December 9th, 2007, 07:30 PM
well I don't know if this is illegal on the forum or not, but I decided I'd tell some people about it.

my friend stumbled upon this website called *** which works through services like google adsense and advertisement stuff.

basically, you click on a site after you sign up (you only need a paypal acount) and you linger on it for 30 seconds, this gives you 1 cent. yeah, pocket change, but it can be useful.

well, there's more details on the site, just thought I'd let people know about that, if this is illegal just delete it, please don't penalize me :(.

Kingsley
December 9th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Can you or your friend confirm that it's real? Not that $0.02 per minute is worth my time. I'm just wondering.

Patrick-Ruff
December 9th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I can confirm it's real. you pay them 2 dollars to advertise your site for 100 views, we get a percentage of that, it's basically assured advertisement.

because we HAVE to stay on the page for 30 seconds, which kind of in a way forces us to read what it has to say while we wait, so it helps people who are advertising their site a lot.

also if you do do it, I'd really appreciate it if you left poplars (my name) in the referrer box, just a sort of courtesy for letting you knwo about this.

fatality_uk
December 9th, 2007, 07:57 PM
well I don't know if this is illegal on the forum or not, but I decided I'd tell some people about it.

my friend stumbled upon this website called *** which works through services like google adsense and advertisement stuff.

basically, you click on a site after you sign up (you only need a paypal acount) and you linger on it for 30 seconds, this gives you 1 cent. yeah, pocket change, but it can be useful.

well, there's more details on the site, just thought I'd let people know about that, if this is illegal just delete it, please don't penalize me :(.

Nice. Very interesting "Proof of Payment" page. ***
Wonder if Mr. Andrew McGovern wants people to know he was paid $216.14 on November 16, 2007

Wouldn't trust these jokers with my PayPal account for a second!!

Edit: It gets worse, 30 seconds, an unsharp mask and a few filters in Gimp and I have a few email addresses!

maniacmusician
December 9th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Nice. Very interesting "Proof of Payment" page. Wonder if Mr. Andrew McGovern wants people to know he was paid $216.14 on November 16, 2007

Wouldn't trust these jokers with my PayPal account for a second!!
ditto

Vadi
December 9th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Not new, and man, you'll find much better stuff to do on the net.

ExpatPaul
December 9th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Not that $0.02 per minute is worth my time.

Ditto

matthew
December 9th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I'm going to say that this makes me very uncomfortable. I trust the OP as having the best of intents, but allowing advertising for this sort of thing from any member puts us on a slippery slope in the future with spam--where do we draw the line, etc.? In the interest of fending off that sort of stuff, I'm going to close the thread and remove the link from the first post. Don't take it personally. :)