PDA

View Full Version : Job Openings: System Administrator and Support

jsgotangco
December 9th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Hi all,

First of all, if this kind of post is not welcome, please feel free to remove it.

I'm currently looking for 2 people to fill up positions for the Platform & Infrastructure Group for Morph Labs, Inc.

Morph Labs, Inc. is an innovative product and service company based in Cebu City, leveraging on Open Source to create and deliver SaaS applications to the Asian Market. You can find more information about Morph Labs at http://www.morphexchange.com/about_morph_labs

If you are based in Cebu or willing to be assigned to Cebu, I have the following slots open for immediate hiring. You can send your CV in plain text format to me direct at jerome AT morphlabs DOT com

System Administrator

- Technology Degree or equivalent with a year or 2 experience in implementing and maintaining open source software running on Linux. You should have the basic Linux system administration skills on the remote server without the use of graphical user interface tools
- Knowledge in Database implementation and backup, preferably with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Apache httpd administration, plus points if you are familiar with reverse proxy and caching to load balance a cluster of web servers; if you have done NGINX before, that would be killer.
- Experience with proactive security and monitoring with Monit, Nagios, Systemtap, etc.
- If you have done work with AWS EC2 and S3, along with SQS, you definitely have an advantage.
- The position is based in Cebu, or the applicant is willing to be relocated. Expect some travel back and forth to Manila and Cebu in a regular basis, and probably in Hong Kong by Q2 2008.
- Certifications are a plus, but not required.
- Position is full-time

Front Line Platform & Infrastructure Support

- Technology Degree or equivalent with a year of experience in implementing and maintaining open source software running on Linux. You should have the basic Linux system administration skills on the remote server without the use of graphical user interface tools.
- new grads will be considered, depending on level of knowledge and job capability
- You will be responsible to provide immediate support to Morph Exchange customers via email or IM. Therefore, you should have good written communication skills as well as technical.
- OS X experience a plus as you are expected to give support to internal personnel with issues in their OS X environments.
- Position is full-time

Inside Morph Labs

- The office is located at the Ground Floor of the i1 Building at the Asiatown IT Park in Apas, Cebu City. If you are in Cebu, you know the place is also known for its coffee shops and hang outs.
- Work with a team also known for their contributions to open source. Employees are known contributors to upstream projects like Drupal, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, as well as distribution projects like Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora.
- MacBooks are standard issue - Yes its not Linux, but you can always use Linux with the servers and even virtualize your MacBook, so you are not missing anything.
- Remote work possibilities - if you are given the opportunity to work remotely, 3G or HSDPA equipment is standard issue.

Aside from the open technical positions listed above, we also have other positions open which you can check out at http://www.morphexchange.com/careers_at_morph_labs

loell
December 9th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Hi sir Jerome :)

is the Infrastructure support position available as telecommute?

jsgotangco
December 9th, 2007, 10:23 AM
is the Infrastructure support position available as telecommute?

I prefer this to be Cebu-based, as we have bigger fixed bandwidth on the location, not to mention I'd like this person to establish this sub-team in the near future, so its critical that the position is in one location along with the rest of the development team.

For future openings in Q2, depending on the initial result, I may consider telecommute.

loell
December 9th, 2007, 01:05 PM
I see :) Thanks for the info.