PDA

View Full Version : UbuntuHCL.org has reached 200 hardware compatibility reviews!

samb0057
December 7th, 2007, 02:48 PM
UbuntuHCL.org (my hardware compatibility database for Ubuntu) now has over 200 reviews (207 actually). Logged on this morning to see about 15 new reviews.

Help the Ubuntu community and submit product compatibility ratings! The site is www.ubuntuhcl.org. If you haven't been there, check it out!

Vadi
December 7th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Congrats :)

oldb0y
December 7th, 2007, 03:08 PM
This is good, but don't they have a similar thing on the official Ubuntu-Wiki...?

Vadi
December 7th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Yeah they do. You can see what a mess is it too with everything crammed into small tables :|

some_random_noob
December 7th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Wahoo!

You know, I think that a good place to promote this is the testimonials forum - because a lot of people there usually brag about how they got their hardware working, and if not then they're complaining that it doesn't work. But either way, they can provide us with information.

psyopper
December 8th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Is there any way to provide a search or list by more than device type? I find it odd that the Apple Ipod Nano is listed next to a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live.

It sure would be convenient to see a list by manufacturer (Apple, Creative Labs, Asus, 3Com, etc) and also by native chipset/controller/whatever (Nvidia, ATI etc) so when I go looking I know I can easily go "ATI" -> "R600" rather than going through Video and scrolling through a list of a thousand different video cards, the vast majority of which are identical except for the manufacturer.

I presume there's a MySQL backend to your page...

boast
December 8th, 2007, 02:00 AM
interesting site.

Just did about 8 reviews.

GL

hanzomon4
December 8th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Nice site...

samb0057
December 10th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Is there any way to provide a search or list by more than device type? I find it odd that the Apple Ipod Nano is listed next to a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live.

It sure would be convenient to see a list by manufacturer (Apple, Creative Labs, Asus, 3Com, etc) and also by native chipset/controller/whatever (Nvidia, ATI etc) so when I go looking I know I can easily go "ATI" -> "R600" rather than going through Video and scrolling through a list of a thousand different video cards, the vast majority of which are identical except for the manufacturer.

I presume there's a MySQL backend to your page...

I just added a product search feature that allows you to search by product and/or manufacturer name.

psyopper
December 10th, 2007, 05:54 AM
I just added a product search feature that allows you to search by product and/or manufacturer name.

The search feature is really nice! Good update!!