PDA

View Full Version : Thought this spam email was funny...

teryowen
December 5th, 2007, 05:07 AM
I am not promoting the spam below just sharing. I just received this email and i found it funny and thought i would share it with the rest of you. Worse is to see how many people have fallen for this as i can see so many e-mail addresses its unbelievable.

Here it is:

=======================================

This was on the 9:00 o'clock news the other night and this works

THIS TOOK TWO PAGES OF THE TUESDAY USA TODAY - IT IS FOR REAL

PLEEEEEEASE READ!!!! it was on the news!

This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL and Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing a multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by PepsiCo against General Electric not too long ago.

Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, You will repent later. Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.

When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will track it (If you are a Microsoft Windows user)? For a two weeks time period.

For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245.00 For every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and ! for every third person that receives it, You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact you for your address and then send you a check.

Regards

Charles S Bailey General Manager Field Operations
1-800-842-2332 Ext. 1085 or 904-1085 or RNX
292-1085

I thought this was a scam myself, But two weeks after receiving this e-mail and forwarding it on. Microsoft contacted me for my address and within days, I receive a check for $24, 800.00. You need to respond before the beta testing is over. If anyone can afford this, Bill gates is the man.

It's all marketing expense to him. Please forward this to as many people as possible. You are bound to get at least $10, 000.00. We're not going to help them out with their e-mail beta test without getting a little something for our time. My brother's girlfriend got in on this a few months ago. When I went to visit him for the Baylor /UT game. She showed me her check. It was for the sum of $4, 324.44 and was stamped 'Paid in full'

Like I said before, I know the law, and this is for real.

Intel and AOL are now discussing a merger which would make them the largest Internet company and in an effort make sure that AOL remains the most widely used program, Intel and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.

When you forward this e-mail to friends, Intel can and will track it ( if you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two week time period.

Try it; What have you got to lose!
=======================================

Stupid e-mail i know... who makes this stuff anyways?

Nano Geek
December 5th, 2007, 05:12 AM
It must be hard to write computer related spam. AOL and Intel have absolutely nothing to do with each other business wise. And what does Bill Gates have to do with that anyway?
Just crazy...absolutely crazy.

teryowen
December 5th, 2007, 05:15 AM
It astonishes me that people actually believe this stuff, there must have been atleast 5000 e-mails that have been forwarded, and of course that goes to other spammers.

-grubby
December 5th, 2007, 05:19 AM
oh good...where do I get my check?

FuturePilot
December 5th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Haha, funny stuff.:lolflag:

Dale61
December 5th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Microsoft and AOL merging!

Now, THAT is a scary thought....

some_random_noob
December 5th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Microsoft and AOL merging!

Now, THAT is a scary thought....

Lol. It would be even worse than the xtra-yahoo fusion (Xtra is a New Zealand company btw, famous for being excellent con artists).

DoctorMO
December 5th, 2007, 09:54 AM
i have to laugh because our overlords Google will shoot me dead if I claimed they were not the largest, meanest and wealthiest internet company.

Now I can go pick up my cheque from Google.

p.s. Cheque not check.

adam.tropics
December 5th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Ok, fine, so lets assume Ubuntu-Geek has a current complete up to date mailing list for the 445906 forum members...well, thats give or take $109M....who's for a new Ubuntu bounty list from our new benefactor and friend, Mr Bill Gates..?!!!!!!

edit: forget the cds, we'll just send out free laptops!

prodigalson666
December 5th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Thats awesome, I've gotten that email too!

NovaAesa
December 5th, 2007, 01:48 PM
I got it a few months ago, hit delete before I even got the the end :)

Linuxratty
December 5th, 2007, 05:21 PM
It astonishes me that people actually believe this stuff, there must have been atleast 5000 e-mails that have been forwarded, and of course that goes to other spammers.

Agreed...And variations of that very letter have been floating around the net since Windows '95!

Shinbu-Otaku
December 5th, 2007, 05:31 PM
sounds like a way to pass on a key-logger/trojan if you ask me...

i love the way that all of these style of emails always have a matter of fact part to try to make you fall for them, i.e. 'like i said, i know the law, and this is real' statements, make me lol haha