PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] help with shopping

Vic!
December 4th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to ask for some help if any of you know where i can find a good deal on a custom computer! shopping for the holidays and i wanted to make a hard core top of the line gaming computer and not pay a limb. my budget is 2 grand im thinking of dual boot ubuntu and windows (gaming). i looked at dell.com as well as pricewatch.com. any help is appreciated thank you fellas and happy holidays!

Insomniac20k
December 4th, 2007, 08:22 PM
why not buy all the parts on newegg and assemble it yourself? You'll get a better computer for your money.

Just do your homework so you don't end up with incompatable parts.

sethvath
December 4th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Set out on a list of components you need, check the price on newegg.com and the likes and adjust for the parts should you find say a particular site offering a deal for the motherboard, cpu etc.

Personally I prefer to get all my parts from one place, they ship together and you save a little and they also arrive at the same time. Waiting for a crucial part that went missing on route is not enjoyable, especially when you are hoping to build that system over the holidays.

Insomniac20k
December 4th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Newegg sells barebones systems that just have the motherboard powersupply and case.

Then you get to pick your HDDs, CPU, memory, graphics etc

sethvath
December 4th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Am I mistaken? The site lists motherboards, powersupplies and tower casings as sold individually. I do not see any bundled deals with mb, ps and casing unless its their combo deals.

LookTJ
December 4th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Am I mistaken? The site lists motherboards, powersupplies and tower casings as sold individually. I do not see any bundled deals with mb, ps and casing unless its their combo deals.
He means here (http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&Category=3&N=2010030000&SpeTabStoreType=1)

Insomniac20k
December 4th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Yes.

Vic!
December 5th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Thanx fellas!