PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get bored perusing the forums?

kevdog
December 4th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Ok I admit -- I spend way to much time in the forums. I like learning new things, however sometimes I just get plain bored -- same questions, same issues. I love reading the stuff that Rav Tux posts -- it is definitely a change of pace. Any other interesting areas of the forums I should be looking at or that Im missing?

-grubby
December 4th, 2007, 05:59 AM
well sometimes it just seems that everyone magically ditches the forums: even if 5000 people are on there hasn't been a post in the community Cafe in 20 or (gulp) 30 minute

kevdog
December 4th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Or at least posts from people you want to hear from :)

Thanks for responding to my post in 7 minutes -- I was getting nervous.

-grubby
December 4th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Or at least posts from people you want to hear from :)

Thanks for responding to my post in 7 minutes -- I was getting nervous.

yah that would have been ironic

FuturePilot
December 4th, 2007, 06:26 AM
well sometimes it just seems that everyone magically ditches the forums: even if 5000 people are on there hasn't been a post in the community Cafe in 20 or (gulp) 30 minute

I've noticed that too. I wonder what happens?

@kevdog
Have you peaked in the Community Cafe Games Forum? There's lots of random silly stuff in there. And yes, I agree, reading RAV TUX's posts is always fun.
Maybe I spend too much time here as well :shock:
But I do enjoy helping people.

loell
December 4th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Ok I admit -- I just get plain bored -- same questions, same issues.

I always look forward to strengthen the ubuntu wiki more, contributing to the documentation in very small way. to the point when throwing a wiki link on those common issues won't be considered a fast/random careless attempt to help. ;)

D-EJ915
December 4th, 2007, 06:42 AM
That's usually when I head to bed since visiting forums is the last thing I do at night.

Dimitriid
December 4th, 2007, 06:43 AM
I check more than 1 forum and sometimes get in the irc channels as well. Still get bored though...

kevdog
December 4th, 2007, 07:23 AM
I tried hanging out in the conkyrc irc forum once -- it was brutle! No one answering any questions, ignoring me -- finally I got an answer days later. Trying to compile from svn is a real pain since they dont tell you the dependencies (not as stated on the website). Anyway I finally got everything working, however I guess I should have written the steps down, when I installed gutsy from disc, I lost all the changes in Feisty.

adam.tropics
December 4th, 2007, 08:24 AM

Noticed that. I assume it has to do with which countries are awake and online at the time. Since this is a global forum.

notwen
December 4th, 2007, 02:43 PM
All forums eventually get boring after endless days of staring at them. I've hit this point for ubuntuforums recently, but I still lurk about. =]