PDA

View Full Version : My New Lappy

gletob
December 4th, 2007, 05:30 AM
What do you think about my laptop my wife bought me far Christmas?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8538255&type=product&id=1188558584033

Is there a program that lets me use labelflash in ubuntu?

My old lappy work for the exception of the charging circuit has a short and will not charge the battery and thats a big problem for me cause gateway won't fix it without $$$ for a new motherboard by the way its a MX6030

My wife won't let me open until christmas day :(

But hey I picked it out and she bought it on Black Friday :guitar:

P.S. My wife promised me for christmas I could put Ubuntu on her Laptop lets see how that goes :lolflag:

Sporkman
December 4th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Not too shabby.

Nevon
December 4th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Ooo, it's pre-infected with Vista! I wonder how they thought that was going to work with only one gb of ram.

Sporkman
December 4th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Ooo, it's pre-infected with Vista! I wonder how they thought that was going to work with only one gb of ram.

:lol:

n3tfury
December 4th, 2007, 03:11 PM

actually, it works just fine with 1GB. i've seen them push Vista systems with 512MB though and i fell over laughing.

gletob
December 4th, 2007, 10:30 PM
well that vista partiton is going down to 35 GB to make way for Ubuntu
P.S. I do intend to use vis.. vis.. vista :twisted: for Media Center with my Xbox 360

maniacmusician
December 5th, 2007, 12:32 AM
it's alright except for the processor; it's a Pentium, not a Core 2 Duo. Which means it's still using the NetBurst architecture, gets really hot, and just isn't as effective.

gn2
December 5th, 2007, 01:42 AM
it's alright except for the processor; it's a Pentium, not a Core 2 Duo. Which means it's still using the NetBurst architecture, gets really hot, and just isn't as effective.

Sorry but you're just plain wrong.

The T2310 is a 65nm 35w TDP Merom-2M CPU introduced in Q4 of 2007 and is one of the most recent models available.

Pentium Duo and Pentium Dual-Core are not Pentium D.

They are basically Core 2 Duos but with less cache memory and are excellent CPU's.

gletob
December 5th, 2007, 03:39 AM
Well the price didn't fit well with the Core 2 Duo

maniacmusician
December 5th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Sorry but you're just plain wrong.

The T2310 is a 65nm 35w TDP Merom-2M CPU introduced in Q4 of 2007 and is one of the most recent models available.

Pentium Duo and Pentium Dual-Core are not Pentium D.

They are basically Core 2 Duos but with less cache memory and are excellent CPU's.
oops, sorry :) I guess I haven't been keeping up with my hardware news. I assumed they were ditching the Pentium line because of the NetBurst architecture, and that this computer was just part of the clearing out process. My bad.

I feel like Intel needs to get on the ball about these naming conventions though. Now that they've established the Core Duo and Core 2 Duo processors, they really should stick to the Core naming system and get rid of Pentium.

gn2
December 5th, 2007, 11:21 PM
I feel like Intel needs to get on the ball about these naming conventions though. Now that they've established the Core Duo and Core 2 Duo processors, they really should stick to the Core naming system and get rid of Pentium.

Couldn't agree more.

The name Pentium should have been left behind.

The last of the Pentium 4's and Pentium D's were simply shocking CPU's and why they would name anything the same is beyond belief.