PDA

View Full Version : I want to build my tower out of plexiglass

siciliancasanova
December 3rd, 2007, 10:11 AM
Ok so I'm going to be building my own tower in the near future and I'd like to make it out of plexiglass. Heat it and bend it into shape but so I can see everything inside, kind of like those see through calculators.
Then of course I would wire up some led's randomly in there to make it look even more outrageous.

Anyway, has anyone done this before or seen anyone do this? The molding of the plexiglass and putting screws into it won't be a problem but if someone has done it and ran into any issues please let me know.

Also, let me know what you think of this idea and any other ideas that I could add to this to make it look even more crazy.

gn2
December 3rd, 2007, 10:25 AM
There are plenty of see through cases, both home built and I've seen some ready made.
There's heaps of info available on the net.

http://www.tux.org/~bball/pcmods/

siciliancasanova
December 3rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
You see though, I just got done building my own fish tank, exactly how I like it. And when you do something yourself you have some pride in your work.

Thanks for pointing out that I can get them elsewhere but that's not what I'm looking to do.

gn2
December 3rd, 2007, 10:54 AM
Did you look at the link?

Here's another: http://tinyurl.com/2k44da

svtfmook
December 3rd, 2007, 01:54 PM
i've done it before. but with what you spend on good plexi and hardware, it's cheaper to just buy one of the premade kits. i used mine for about 2 weeks before going back to a regular case. it looks like poo with all the wires exposed. with a regular case, you can manage cables to be better concealed. imo, just get a decent clean case with a window. like the cooler master centurion 5 or something along the lines of "decent mfg'er and a case with a name that doesn't contain the words "fighter", "gaming" or something that looks like a cyborg abortion.

but if you want a complete acrylic case, but one of the premades.