PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Need help connectiong speakers togeather

IISpII
December 3rd, 2007, 06:55 AM
I have been colecting speakers for a while and have decided to hook them all togeather. Do you guys think there is any way to do this??

::PIC::
http://www.stashbox.org/56560/photo.jpg

Thanks, all help appreciated

~LoKe
December 3rd, 2007, 06:57 AM
Do you have any idea how awful that would sound?:D

IISpII
December 3rd, 2007, 07:01 AM
yes an d i dont realy care about that, i just want something that emits sound

-grubby
December 3rd, 2007, 07:10 AM
just make a big "speaker" wire and connect all those to it...hope you enjoy the sound of your ears peeling off
here:
EDIT: didn't realize this wouldn't work sorry everyone, I guess I have no idea what I'm talking about

LookTJ
December 3rd, 2007, 08:00 AM
That'll sound awesome, tell me how it ends :). By the way, if you do that, wouldn't your wall fall on you if it gets too loud?

IISpII
December 3rd, 2007, 08:35 AM
wont it need some external power suply, for al those speakers. i dont think is goung to run just of of one cord

Spike-X
December 3rd, 2007, 08:38 AM
Depending on how you connect them, you also run the risk of blowing up whatever amplifier you're using.

koleoptero
December 3rd, 2007, 11:39 AM
just make a big "speaker" wire and connect all those to it...hope you enjoy the sound of your ears peeling off
here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=52139&d=1196662463

If you do that thing make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy. Your amplifier will simply melt.

If you connect your speakers parallel to your amplifier you reduce their impedence (is that the right word?) so more electrical current passes through your wires and amp. Some amplifiers are able to do that with 2 speakers in one output but it's not recommended. If you do it with more that 2 it's a sure meltdown.

P.S. I can't see the pic, or else I'd come up with an idea...:(

n3tfury
December 3rd, 2007, 11:44 AM
here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=52139&d=1196662463

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT DO THIS. nathan, unless you know what you're talking about, you could be putting this guy's amp in the garbage.

OP, your pic's not loading, i suggest you learn about impedance and series/parallel wiring.

http://www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm

btw, you people that think it's going to be a lot louder just because you're adding passive speakers couldn't be more wrong.

regomodo
December 3rd, 2007, 02:57 PM
here:

that is an awful idea, plus, with the fact there are no cabinets for these speakers, it'll sound just plain awful. That and heavy bass will ruin the cones in no time.

mips
December 3rd, 2007, 04:54 PM
Shaking head here....

n3tfury
December 3rd, 2007, 05:16 PM
i can't get over that diagram.

-grubby
December 3rd, 2007, 05:25 PM
Ok i guess I'm wrong, don't do it

Presto123
December 3rd, 2007, 05:26 PM
Lol. Looks like some of the mess I did when I was in highschool. Best idea is to just scratch that and go with a Durabrand surround sound system (Wal Mart). Not very high in power, but it sounds good, is cheap and has lasted me for going on 5 or more years.

If you still want to go for it, I would say to set up (not looking at the pic right now) the smallest rounds for front or side speakers, then the 6x9's for mid-range and finally the biggest for the back end. With all of that, you need an amp or they will die shortly.

IISpII
December 4th, 2007, 04:52 AM
OK i decided to take nathangrubb's idea.

so i hooked them all togeathr, and then to the power outlet.

long story short, i just lost 8 useless speakers. totaly worth it though, it made some realy cool sparks, and a very loud nouse.

I think im going to get a new system :lolflag:

-grubby
December 4th, 2007, 04:54 AM
OK i decided to take nathangrubb's idea.

so i hooked them all togeathr, and then to the power outlet.

long story short, i just lost 8 useless speakers. totaly worth it though, it made some realy cool sparks, and a very loud nouse.

I think im going to get a new system :lolflag:

nice job

-grubby
December 4th, 2007, 05:42 AM
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT DO THIS. nathan, unless you know what you're talking about, you could be putting this guy's amp in the garbage.

OP, your pic's not loading, i suggest you learn about impedance and series/parallel wiring.

http://www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm

btw, you people that think it's going to be a lot louder just because you're adding passive speakers couldn't be more wrong.

If you do that thing make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy. Your amplifier will simply melt.

If you connect your speakers parallel to your amplifier you reduce their impedence (is that the right word?) so more electrical current passes through your wires and amp. Some amplifiers are able to do that with 2 speakers in one output but it's not recommended. If you do it with more that 2 it's a sure meltdown.

P.S. I can't see the pic, or else I'd come up with an idea...:(

that is an awful idea, plus, with the fact there are no cabinets for these speakers, it'll sound just plain awful. That and heavy bass will ruin the cones in no time.

didn't think so many people would get mad at me, well just don't do it, but oops youdid!

n3tfury
December 4th, 2007, 01:04 PM
didn't think so many people would get mad at me, well just don't do it, but oops youdid!

well, posting something which you have no clue about and could cause (and did cause) harm to hardware will get you those kinds of responses.

koleoptero
December 4th, 2007, 01:07 PM

I didn't get mad at you! I just disagreed with what you posted. It's nothing personal. :)