PDA

View Full Version : Cristmas Presents

corney91
December 2nd, 2007, 06:14 PM
I've just inadvertently found out what some of my christmas presents are. Now, I prefer surprises but most of my friends know, and even decide, what theirs are going to be.
Does anyone else find out their presents or do you prefer surprises?

bartos
December 2nd, 2007, 06:26 PM
I don't like the suspence and with electronics I am very specific in what options I want.
Yes All about ME!!!

DarkOx
December 2nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
Some people get to decide what their presents are? That seems a little too... materialistic. Kind of like gifting yourself, y'know? I make a Christmas list, but that's mostly 'cause it's a holiday tradition; what I receive has little if anything to do with what I actually put down. Typically this is better, as people will end up getting me thoughtful things it hadn't even occurred to me to ask for.

I find just about all the Christmas fun is in the surprise of finding out what the gift was, and not nearly so much in the gift itself. It places the focus more on the giving (and the reaction) and not on what you got.

n3tfury
December 2nd, 2007, 08:30 PM
i ask everyone not to get me a gift as i prefer they spend it towards children since, to me, it's more about them especially this time of the year. i have a well paying job and can buy whatever i'd like throughout the year anyway.

Lster
December 2nd, 2007, 08:33 PM
I don't really know what my presents will be. I always get books and DVDs every year, but the rest (of my present) is a mystery. When my presents are electrical, I am also very specific.

bobbocanfly
December 2nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
with electronics I am very specific in what options I want.

+1 on that. I hate the idea that I might get a WD MyBook 1 instead of a MyBook2 or a WRT54 instead of a WRT54GS.

Linuxratty
December 2nd, 2007, 09:15 PM
I like being surprised...We don't do Xmas,but exchange gifts on Thanksgiving...I like being surprised.
i do tend to drop hints as to what i want,but have no idea what people will decide to get me.

-grubby
December 2nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
I usually just ask for money so I can buy it myself

miggols99
December 2nd, 2007, 09:37 PM
I like it being a surprise, but this year it's a bit different. I know that I'm getting a laptop. Yes I wanted it, but I find it so annoying that it's right there in my face :(