miggols99
December 1st, 2007, 09:33 PM
I have a bunch of old computer parts. They are:

128MB, 64MB and 2x256 SDRAM sticks
10GB IDE Hard Drive
20GB IDE hard drive
2 floppy drives
2 cdrom drives

Where would I be able to sell them? I'm not sure about ebay because my dad had an incident on there costing him hundreds of pounds (fortunately he got a refund). Also I am in the UK.

popch
December 1st, 2007, 09:48 PM
I have a bunch of old computer parts. They are:

128MB, 64MB and 2x256 SDRAM sticks
10GB IDE Hard Drive
20GB IDE hard drive
2 floppy drives
2 cdrom drives
Where would I be able to sell them? I'm not sure about ebay because my dad had an incident on there costing him hundreds of pounds (fortunately he got a refund). Also I am in the UK.

Try a wall sale. :)

mips
December 1st, 2007, 09:49 PM
Junkmail? Those parts are not worth much though.

bionnaki
December 1st, 2007, 10:29 PM
http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/gb

macogw
December 1st, 2007, 11:03 PM
Probably your best bet is to give them to a charity that resells things to give money to the poor (like we have Salvation Army in the US) and then claim it on your tax rebate. You won't get much for that stuff. You should figure out what speed the RAM is too. If it's PC-100, it's actually sellable for quite a bit more than expected to people with old boxes.

bobbocanfly
December 1st, 2007, 11:15 PM
Just give them to local geeks or put it up on a local Freecycle site.

gn2
December 2nd, 2007, 01:58 AM
Sell them on eBay, list them as PayPal only with immediate payment required, then you will be safe enough.

prodigalson666
December 2nd, 2007, 02:06 AM
Sorry man but they are practically worthless, earlier post was a good idea, donate them.

K.Mandla
December 2nd, 2007, 02:08 AM
Give them to a geek! :p Or find a charity, which is probably a better idea.

Tundro Walker
December 2nd, 2007, 03:58 AM
Donate them to a school or library. They might have old machines that could use that stuff.

I know, I know, you're trying to eek out some $ from this, but, dude, old floppy drives and 4x CD drives and 128mb sticks of RAM just aren't worth anything these days.

When some friends and I moved out of an old apartment, we ended up just tossing things like that in the trash while cleaning the place. I mean, I can't remember the last time I touched a 3 1/2 floppy, much less used one of those drives.

Now if you're talking about 5 1/4 floppy drives..I don't know, maybe some kooky collector will give you a little money for them on eBay. But, seriously, those are relics of the past that need to be left behind.

This reminds me of when I was younger, and played Magic the Gathering. Folks were really rabid about buying and selling certain cards. I got out of the game after a year or so, then 5 years later I stumbled across the cards while cleaning. I went to the local games shop to see how much they'd give me for them, and they laughed. Dude said "if you asked me about 5 years ago, I'd probably give you $100 for all that. But as it is right now, you'd have to pay me just to throw those away for you." Collectable card game, indeed...

Happy_Man
December 2nd, 2007, 04:50 AM
Yeah, put them up on eBay, and give us a link. I, for one, never thought the day would come when SDRAM would be put on sale. I need RAM. Desperately.